Carlisle Radial Trail HD 205/75-14 - Walmart ($77)

These appear to be on rollback this week. I just picked a set of 4 for $77 a tire, free shipping. That's about $10/tire less than I've been able to find them elsewhere.

This is for the 6H04561 version which is the higher (2040# vs 1760#) load rating of their two 205/75-14's.

Should be a good upgrade for the china bomb 'castle rock' ones that came on my Grey Wolf.

I wouldn't even bother if we were staying around GA, but we have a few long distance trips planned next year that will be lots of highway driving, and I want the comfort of a higher speed rating/higher load capacity. Rather have a set of tires operated well below their ratings rather than pushing the cheapo's that came with it to the edge.

Last edited:

CKN

These appear to be on rollback this week. I just picked a set of 4 for $77 a tire, free shipping. That's about $10/tire less than I've been able to find them elsewhere.

This is for the 6H04561 version which is the higher (2040# vs 1760#) load rating of their two 205/75-14's.

Should be a good upgrade for the china bomb 'castle rock' ones that came on my Grey Wolf.

I wouldn't even bother if we were staying around GA, but we have a few long distance trips planned next year that will be lots of highway driving, and I want the comfort of a higher speed rating/higher load capacity. Rather have a set of tires operated well below their ratings rather than pushing the cheapo's that came with it to the edge.
I put 7,000 miles on my Castle rock tires with my Grey Wolf 26DJSE without any issues what so ever. Dragged that trailer all over the Rocky Mountain West up 8,000 foot mountain passes. I just replaced with Greenball Tires-that were still less than your paying. However- what ever gives you peace of mind-go for it.

ctechbob

Different circumstances. We have to travel (well, don't HAVE to) higher speed interstates for long periods of time to get to where we're going. Hours at a time at 70mph vs mountain driving, imo is a decent enough difference to warrant scrapping the 65mph rated OEM tires.

If we were just running up to the North GA mountains or to the lake on the weekends, that would be one thing and I'd stick with the OEM's for a while.

ctechbob

No thanks. There were only two options I would consider. The Carlisle tire and the Goodyear Endurance. The Goodyear is another chunk of cash.

Maybe for a utility trailer, but not for the travel trailer.

No thanks. There were only two options I would consider. The Carlisle tire and the Goodyear Endurance. The Goodyear is another chunk of cash.

Maybe for a utility trailer, but not for the travel trailer.
I’m tired of paying $80 for a 13” trailer tire only to have it disintegrate within 5000 miles. I bought a new set of wheels and raised my fenders just so I could buy a set of 14” Goodyears for my boat trailer. Changing a delaminated trailer tire up against a concrete retaining wall on I-75 in Atlanta during rush hour is an experience I don’t want to ever have again.