Cargo Flights from Asia

My neighbour commented he sees more jet streams in our sky above us just north of the Idaho border. I used my Flight Aware app and other than the usual flights between the coastal cities of Victoria and Vancouver and the rest of Canada, I found these two flights from Anchorage headed to Louisville, Kentucky. They were both 747-8’s registered to UPS. I take it these are hauling cargo from Asia, with a refueling stop in Anchorage. Anyone familiar with the situation?

E4E0205B-86C6-4895-92FD-1B061BB64C9D.jpeg
BA909CB4-0214-448B-9389-B7328558EF55.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that's the route my last iPhone took.

China - Alaska - Kentucky

I tried to check the tracking but they only keep that info for a few months.

The green flights are outbound from ANC (Anchorage), while the blue flights are inbound to ANC.

I sat for several hours in the ANC airport last summer waiting for a flight. If you are an airplane watcher, ANC is the place to be. At one point I counted 14 747s that were within view of my seat. The arrivals and departures are constant, the show never stops.

1713360565601.jpg

We have planes overhead constantly here in northern Minnesota, headed either northwest or coming from that direction. A couple I’ve seen were going more directly north but as I was deep into an engine repair I didn’t research it more.

Almost always twin jets now. They used to be quad jets a few years ago.

My neighbour commented he sees more jet streams in our sky above us just north of the Idaho border. I used my Flight Aware app and other than the usual flights between the coastal cities of Victoria and Vancouver and the rest of Canada, I found these two flights from Anchorage headed to Louisville, Kentucky. They were both 747-8’s registered to UPS. I take it these are hauling cargo from Asia, with a refueling stop in Anchorage. Anyone familiar with the situation?

View attachment 214640View attachment 214641
SDF is UPS's home base.

Back