[Carfax Alternative]I got the report for $4.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is crazy. I've been looking for a free VIN check but didn't get lucky. Just want to check the VIN and I don't want to pay $30 to carfax.com. Then I found a coupon that only made me pay $4.99 instead of $10. So happy and would like to share it to all and some might find it useful COUPON_Enjoy50%

Carfax is near worthless. They only advertise to consumers so we can put pressure on each dealership to spend $200+ a year (and even into the $1,000's) for thier cars.

My youngest has an Altima, it was totaled out and we bought it from a shop that only does totaled. Every single car at there place has been totaled yet every one has a clear Carfax. That along with endless posts on Craigslist saying "totaled never reported to insurance clear Carfax".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: erikadiaz
This is crazy. I've been looking for a free VIN check but didn't get lucky. Just want to check the VIN and I don't want to pay $30 to carfax.com. Then I found a coupon that only made me pay $4.99 instead of $10. So happy and would like to share it to all and some might find it useful COUPON_Enjoy50%

Sorry about that guys use this one instead, it's still working. Not sure what happened with the first one. can't seem to edit my first post anyone got idea?No edit button anymore. thank you http://www.vinaudit.com/coupon=50OFFNow

Last edited:
Got it, it seems I only got 15mins to edit the post. Since it was yesterday can't edit the first post anymore.

NHTSA offers several one time use VIN check operations that are a few bucks each.

Carfax is like kleenex, a specific term for a generic product.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Carfax is near worthless. They only advertise to consumers so we can put pressure on each dealership to spend $200+ a year (and even into the $1,000's) for thier cars.

My youngest has an Altima, it was totaled out and we bought it from a shop that only does totaled. Every single car at there place has been totaled yet every one has a clear Carfax. That along with endless posts on Craigslist saying "totaled never reported to insurance clear Carfax".

Quoted for truth. Preying on fear to sell a near worthless product / service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back