Careful out there. Anarchy on the roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this happened yesterday afternoon. I guess traffic lights have just lost all meaning.

This is the 4th time in 2021 that I've been sitting at this intersection at the right time to witness a northbound car run the red light. How many times you think it must happen in the course of a day?

Dude's probably driving a nice, newer Lexus because he totaled his last car.

Be safe, and ultra-defensive out there, folks. Your life depends on it.

Skip to 0:45

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know what's going on out there...
People back at work after a year and not used to having to be somewhere 'on-time'?
People haven't been driving much and have totally forgot how?

Seriously, there seems like there's been more traffic accidents and deaths in my area.
Be careful folks. Put down the phones. Pay extra attention.

Put down the phones. Pay extra attention.
They allow you to drive and hold a phone in FL? Not up here. They had to make laws since people are to moronic to use
proper sense. People still do it though. I see morons travelling down the centerlane of the interstate 10mph under the posted limit with their heads down. I like to sneek up to their door and lay on the horn. May wife doesn't approve of this.
I like to think of it as Dog obedience training.

Did you yell at them? or just the "What in tarnation was that move?" hand jesture ?
My camera records in packets. The next packet contains the audio of that 'conversation'. He didn't even care what he'd just done. He just gave me the 'yeah, yeah' gesture. I hope he runs a red light in front of a fully loaded semi next time, and the semi driver isn't hurt.

That was pretty late. The light in front of my office has runners every light cycle. So you have the runners, then the three people completing their left turns, so you can't go until you've had the green for five seconds. Every cycle and I use that light multiple times per day.

Traffic was so much better 12-15 months ago. It's crazy out there now.

They allow you to drive and hold a phone in FL? Not up here. They had to make laws since people are to moronic to use
proper sense. People still do it though.
It is not allowed by law, no. But it seems to be the norm - no enforcement that I can tell.

Oh yes, I have the plate. My opinion of law enforcement at the moment causes me to believe they probably won't care, since nobody was mamed.

Plate.JPG

Where I live its the wild west of driving. Now with the teenagers out of school its really bad. And I am not bad mouthing teenagers since I can still remember the stupid stuff I used to do at that age.

Even interstates in Texas are at best a suggestion. Traffic gets backed up on 45/35/30/20 and people just drive across the shoulder onto the frontage road.

In times past, most of the idiots that I saw on the road drove expensive cars (like that Lexus). I would wonder how the driver could be that stupid and be able to hold a job that would allow them to afford that car. Today the attitude seems to be that rules are for other people-not just on the road, but in stores, airplanes anywhere there are other people. Couple that with the lack of enforcement and this is just going to happen more and more.

Even interstates in Texas are at best a suggestion. Traffic gets backed up on 45/35/30/20 and people just drive across the shoulder onto the frontage road.
30 and 20 were obsolete before construction wrapped up on them. They become parking lots between 3pm and 7pm every night, and people are sick of it. 35 has been a disaster since I moved here in 1995 and continues to be. That road is one long hazard. Narrow, winding, rough lanes with concrete barriers on both sides, microscopic entrance ramps, and idiots with drivers licenses all combine to make the world's largest demolition derby.

Dallas was nowhere near ready for the influx of Californians it received, and continues to receive.

Oh yes, I have the plate. My opinion of law enforcement at the moment causes me to believe they probably won't care, since nobody was mamed.

View attachment 60704

Don't take this offensively.

The police would be stupid to waste time dealing with citizen reported traffic violations. Are you wanting to show up to court when I exercise my right to face you, the accuser? I'll make sure you show up and I'll ask for a continuance feeling sick which will force you to show up a 2nd time and it will be a waste of time anyhow as the charge will be dismissed or dropped.

Don't take this offensively.

The police would be stupid to waste time dealing with citizen reported traffic violations. Are you wanting to show up to court when I exercise my right to face you, the accuser? I'll make sure you show up and I'll ask for a continuance feeling sick which will force you to show up a 2nd time and it will be a waste of time anyhow as the charge will be dismissed or dropped.
I think you've gotten the impression from my post that I plan to pursue this. Law enforcement apathy, and the above, is why I won't bother.

Perhaps cameras on stoplights issuing tickets will teach drivers to be more attentive.
Hit 'em where it hurts and maybe they will learn.

Either that or self driving cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back