Carbon Ceramic Rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by maxdustington

$3k USD for a set of rotors? Yikes!

Right?!?

Neat tech but completely ridiculous for a vehicle street driven.

Which is what most corvettes and Cameros are.

PCCB = braking joy.

PCCB 982.JPG

PCCB Bleed.JPG

982 Chrono.jpg

At $3k I'd say it's just another 💸💸💸reinvention of the wheel. If you drove something off track hard enough to actually need that stuff the PD would soon have you riding a bicycle at least in Neuyorkistan.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Originally Posted by maxdustington

$3k USD for a set of rotors? Yikes!

Right?!?

Neat tech but completely ridiculous for a vehicle street driven.

Which is what most corvettes and Cameros are.

+1

If you have that kind of cash to blow , have at it .

You never know what will happen , but can not see me ever dropping that kind of cash to go on our daily drivers . In fact , I have no plans to replace rotors or drums , period . Unless they are worn out or very badly grooved . The latter of which usually happens only when you let it go to the point where it is metal to metal .

In 50 years , you could count the number of rotors I have replaced , on one hand . The number of drums I have replaced , on the other hand .

Best of luck to you . :)

Interesting thing is, Carbon-Ceramic rotors (not to be confused with Carbon-Carbon) will last the lifetime of a daily driven car as long as the rotors aren't damaged and the proper CCR pads are used. Track use can and will completely kill CCRs within a short time comparable. Iron rotors are still superior in many ways.

That said, I'm not going to buy brakes that are worth more than my current car LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back