Carberator - Made in China REVIEW - Lawn Mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bubbatime

Many of these cheap clone carbs are actually better as they fix the deficiencies and leave the adjustment screws open so you can adjust them on the engine while running.

...........which is often reason enough to get one

The Only cheap clone carb I have had experience with was one for a Tecumseh. It was ok and since it ended up netting me like 80 bucks from a free lawn mower I fixed i guess it was fine.
But
I HATE tecumseh. I prefer a flat head B&S over all other brands. Because when things go bad its mostly fuel related and I can usually fix a B&S lawn mower for less than 10 bucks.
Give me a b&s no start that has a float bowl style carb and I can usually get it going in less than 30 minutes. Give me about an hour and i can sharpen the blade, change the oil, wash it and test it. Two hours and it's listed on Craig's list. I fixed a honda for my aunt which was fuel issue (it went bad) and it took way longer to carefully remove and clean everything. Sooo many little linkages and valves and seals way more complicated. Lol.

When I was traveling in 2005, a girl in Cambodia was making $0.97 per day in a garment factory. I'm sure the rate has gone up since but probably still lower than China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back