Car Squeals when moving

2011 Mazda 6, 167k miles. Drove the car 360 miles on Friday for work, and about 40 miles on Sunday with no issue. Car sat overnight last night and when I went to pull away it squeals when moving. Video below shows my 2nd attempt to pull out of the driveway (after I did a look underneath the car since it sounds like something was dragging below the car). Everything under the car looks okay - nothing obvious.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I parked it for now because it does not seem safe to drive...

It's impossible to say but my money's on something brake related.

Otherwise maybe a toasted wheel bearing allowing enough camber for a wheel or rotor to tip into something like a TRE/knuckle

Jack up each wheel and spin by hand, I bet it'll be obvious which of the four is guilty

Front passenger side wheel was the culprit. Found a tiny pebble wedged between the backside of the rotor and the rear brake shield. Crazy how much racket a little pebble can make…

Thanks for the help! I was panicking because I need my car for work. My first thought honestly when I heard the noise was that someone tried to steal my CAT overnight and left part of my exhaust dragging!

Front passenger side wheel was the culprit. Found a tiny pebble wedged between the backside of the rotor and the rear brake shield. Crazy how much racket a little pebble can make…

Thanks for the help! I was panicking because I need my car for work. My first thought honestly when I heard the noise was that someone tried to steal my CAT overnight and left part of my exhaust dragging!
.....and this is why rock catchers go in the scrap bin, at least on trucks that I service. A solution looking for a problem (cooling high end racing rotors aside)

Back