Car shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering buying a new Volvo s-60 or v-70 in 2 or 3 years.
Does anybody have any expirence or comments about these cars?
volvo
(Just incase you forgot what the s-60 and v-70 look like.)
19.gif

Also, I am considering a Mercury Grand Marquis. Comments? Expirences?
Mercury

19.gif

What about any other brands?

GM-Buick?
No Chevys!
Toyota-camry?
corolla?

Merc Grand Marquis is a terrible car - too big, handling is poor, noisy at highway speeds, I would look for something Asian. MGM has a good engine, but the rest points towards laziness in engineering, or cowardice on the part of management.

Originally Posted By: scoobie
Merc Grand Marquis is a terrible car - too big, handling is poor, noisy at highway speeds, I would look for something Asian. MGM has a good engine, but the rest points towards laziness in engineering, or cowardice on the part of management.

As you can tell, the 'ol scoobster has no problem sporting his brand zeal and fabricating ludicrous stories in his posts.

He talks of laziness in engineering and the highway noise, but apparently drives a '95 Dodge Colt.

See if you can find a Marauder!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

As you can tell, the 'ol scoobster has no problem sporting his brand zeal and fabricating ludicrous stories in his posts.

He talks of laziness in engineering and the highway noise, but apparently drives a '95 Dodge Colt.

40.gif

LOL.gif

Seriously, I'd look at some of the other new Fords coming out. The new Taurus looks really nice with the SHO in tow...

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

LOL.gif

Seriously, I'd look at some of the other new Fords coming out. The new Taurus looks really nice with the SHO in tow...

Yes, the Taurus will be considered. It is a very good car. Thanks!

I am with you fordboy, take your time, learn about the cars and pick the best one for you.

i have been out looking myself, been looking at 06/07 civics, ruled out the corolla, i really like the Camry but wonder how the 4 cyl would be around town vs the 6.

I really really wanted a Ford Focus, or the new Fusion. But the girl friend cant stand the looks, and i dont fit well into the Fusion

Originally Posted By: duaneb9729
I am with you fordboy, take your time, learn about the cars and pick the best one for you.

i have been out looking myself, been looking at 06/07 civics, ruled out the corolla, i really like the Camry but wonder how the 4 cyl would be around town vs the 6.

I really really wanted a Ford Focus, or the new Fusion. But the girl friend cant stand the looks, and i dont fit well into the Fusion

Thank you duaneb9729 !
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: duaneb9729

You guys might try renting the model you are considering buying and see if it fits well over the course of a few days...

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Anybody know what the SHO will go for$$?
We've heard that base MSRP will be $37995 with very few options so it comes loaded.

besides the S60R we also have a 2000 Grand Marquis in the family. obviously the only thing thats the same between the 2 is that they are 4 door and not made in america.

the volvo is an awesome daily driver, the trunk is larger than the trunk on the mercury. random things break on the volvo that arent cheap to fix.

the mercury we have had for 9 years and all that has gone out are the blend door actuator and the blower motor resistor. other than brakes and tires it has been extremely reliable for the 80,000 miles we have put on it since buying it in 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back