Car Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for late model Expedition..I has plenty of room and is a low maintenance vehicle..My friend got one a few years ago for his large family [he did not want a minivan] and all is well..It now has over 150K miles on it and runs like new.

Originally Posted By: tdpark
What is wrong with minivans? I am getting tired of people hating on the minivan- i have one and i love it, kids love it, wife loves it.

I feel the same way..only about people hating on SUV's and trucks.

Can't think of a reason not to fix the trans and continue on as opposed to buying another used car for a lot of money you could save with a rebuilt trans. What if the used car was dumped for the same reason he's going to dump his.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: ctc
Runflats...if I'm not mistaken these started becoming standard on the AWD Siennas in 2006. We're looking 2004-2005 because of price range.

I could be wrong, but I believe that any AWD model of that generation will have the runflat tires. This is because, like the ChryCo vans with Stow N Go, the Sienna's spare tire is mounted centrally under the front seating area. The AWD models send the rear prop shaft through this area, thus the "requirement" for the runflat tires.

Thanks I'll double check on the runflats for 2004-2005.

By your user id I assume you're a Hokie. We're going to the miami game tomorrow!

Thanks for all of the helpful posts (and the non-helpful ones).

Verified and you are correct about runflats for all model years for this gen AWD Sienna. That stinks.

Yeah, I wish Toyota could have packaged *something* better to avoid the runflat tires on the AWD model. You can, of course, buy a spare and jack and carry that instead, but that's not ideal in my opinion because there's really no place to store that stuff...other than laying inside somewhere (where it's a projectile hazard if not secured properly). The Odyssey has the spare mounted inside, so even folks with the Michelin PAX option who want to "de-PAX" their Odyssey have provisions to store a spare tire and jack inside.

Yes, I am a Hokie. Maybe I'll see you on TV! I hope we show up to this game, unlike last weekend.

Pathfinder, except the 2nd row is bench not captains chairs. We get 18-19mpg around town and up to 24 highway in our 2009

If a AT is slipping, why not get the AT fixed? How bad is the condition of the truck?

$3000 for an AT is a lot less than $13k to buy somebody else's problems that will start to have similar issues as youre having now. Known quantity, unless the Yukon is in that bad of shape. At 6-7 years old, it isnt that old.

Here ya go :^)
2iuqb92.jpg

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Here ya go :^)
2iuqb92.jpg

At first-glance I thought it was the "Venga Bus".........
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: vssjim
Can't think of a reason not to fix the trans and continue on as opposed to buying another used car for a lot of money you could save with a rebuilt trans. What if the used car was dumped for the same reason he's going to dump his.

+1

Ok the Yukon is worth about $13K. The replacement will cost about $13K. The outcome will be an even trade. The only money lost will be sales tax but insurance will be less because Yukons are expensive to insure. Also, with better mpg I will be spending less on gas.

Thanks for the opinions on just getting the tranny fixed but that's not going to happen.

Another alternative to run flat tires or carrying a spare is a little electric pump and a plugging kit. I have never had a flat that couldn't be fixed with a plug (not saying it's impossible to shred a tire but unlikely).

I got one for ya! Your not gunna like it but how about you keep the Yukon and get something small to save gas when you dont need AWD? Get yourself a used econobox and enjoy the savings.

Thanks. Can't fit 3 car seats in an econo box. They barely fit in my wife's sonata. Also, I still have a loan on the Yukon and don't have cash to buy said econo box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back