Car Polish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here ever used Astro Shield car polish? I had an old can in the garage, that I had picked up in a garage sales one time. I have an old 77 Chevy pickup, that I hadn't done anything with the finish in at least 2 or 3 years. And that was before clear coat, so it was really looking bad, tried a couple of other things, and they did very little to the dull finish. So I thought I would try the Astro shield, and I could hardly believe what it did. Almost an perfect finish first time over. I had to change rags as it picked up a lot of oxidized paint, but the shine it gave, was almost beyond belief. Don't remember what I paid for it, but what ever it was it is worth it.

you remember where you got it? i have always had great luck with a product called gel-gloss they sell it at home depot and other hardwares for fiberglass counter tops and showers.
smile.gif

That is just it, I got it at a garage sales some years ago. But on their web site, they say it is also for counter tops and stoves and I guess just about any hard surface. If I found a can again I would buy it, so I am going to be looking, as they say new its generally under $15.00.

Pruntyc
I was just reading these older posts and thought I see what happened if I tried a search on "Astro Shield Car Polish". Sure enough its still out there. looks like its some kind of distributorship product. I always use altavita for my search engine. If you buy some and it still works the same way let us know.
Tedster

Astro-Shield and Liquid Glass are the same thing. They are both older technology products that give decent results. Application is a bit tougher and tehre is a lot of dusting, but they do work. There are better products out there, but there isn't really anything wrong with them. You can find Astro-Shield at Swap Meets for about $15-$18 per can.

[ October 02, 2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Scott P ]

Astroshield is available through www.ipdusa.com. The problem though is that this product contains silicones which could give you fits if you ever needed to do any car painting, but otherwise it surely shines things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back