Car Features You'd Pay To Remove

I don't have a car with a seatbelt chime, just a light. I'm so glad there isn't a chime though, if I'm not buckled up its because I don't want to be buckled. usually when I'm just moving cars around the yard, hooking up trailers, etc. if i did have a car with a seatbelt chime I'd probably find where the chime is and rip it out. some BMWs the chime comes through the door speakers though

Manual transmissions, complete with a real clutch, and a real throttle. That's all I need.

Automatics thar downshift when I don't want it to and tach 5 grand while going down a hill while I'm not even on the brakes. Then dogging at 1,200 while trying to climb a hill.... let me shift my own gears! It worked for how many decades before?

I don't have a car with a seatbelt chime, just a light. I'm so glad there isn't a chime though, if I'm not buckled up its because I don't want to be buckled. usually when I'm just moving cars around the yard, hooking up trailers, etc. if i did have a car with a seatbelt chime I'd probably find where the chime is and rip it out. some BMWs the chime comes through the door speakers though
I rewired and repurposed the seat-belt buzzer of my Mazda to be a much more useful light-left-on warning (which it otherwise lacked).

I'm beginning to feel like BITOG is populated by a group of grumpy old men who don't drive anything newer than 1970 models. How any one of you can use a computer or smart phone is beyond me. :ROFLMAO:
Most is just another layer of garbage you have to dela with. My vehicles purpose is to get me from point a to point b in some what comfort with long term reliability and low cost of ownership is what I care about.

I'm beginning to feel like BITOG is populated by a group of grumpy old men who don't drive anything newer than 1970 models. How any one of you can use a computer or smart phone is beyond me. :ROFLMAO:
Nahh, I'm only 30 and love techy things, but when it comes to cars a lot of it is too much.

As others have said, now that most of the interior controls run thru the radio/center display, the car is pretty severely hindered (lock settings, HVAC, maint resets etc) if the display or unit dies, replaced lots of them at work to the tune of several thousand sometimes.

Usually a dash mounted Garmin unit is better for nav than most built-ins anyways

I'm not one bit surprised to see auto start/stop top the list. I had a rental 2023 Yukon XL Denali when I was home, and would manually turn it off right after start up, what a stupid feature to spoil an otherwise fantastic vehicle. If someone is so concerned about "saving" fuel at a stop light, they have no business buying a 6.2L V8 equipped vehicle. Then again, I say the same thing about AFM/DFM or whatever alphabet soup they call it these days.

I bet I can make their CAFE numbers go up if they give me a 5 or 6 speed manual with tye same gear ratios as they put in their automatics.....
No money to be had in that—only you and 3 others might buy that. Meanwhile some portion of enthusiasts would complain about how it could not climb hills in top gear, if it couldn’t.

Back