Car and Drivers 2014 Corvette grenaded engine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
"The engine failure was apparently due to metal particles breaking loose from the oil filter (likely from tapping the filter’s threads) and causing the failure of a rod bearing."

I call b.s.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Agreed. A whole lot of discussion around no solid facts.

That's never inhibited anyone on this forum yet.....

The odd thing is that the few facts that are out there were discounted and disregarded almost immediately.

We do have this from Aaron Brzozowski, formerly with Car and Driver:

"The engine failure was apparently due to metal particles breaking loose from the oil filter (likely from tapping the filter’s threads) and causing the failure of a rod bearing."

I'll go with that until GM engineers provide clarification (they won't).

Something is missing here. Oh yeah, a basis for that conclusion.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

I just get a little irked by C&D's writing staff sometimes. Certain writers like to talk about their engineering credentials, yet they defer to the guy earning minimum wage in the quick lube lane at the dealer for all their maintenance advice and work. They claim to be engineers, yet they act like soccer moms.

I'm just grousing. C&D complains about the lack of manual transmissions and vehicles with too many bells and whistles, and vehicles with too cushy of a ride. So, they laud the introduction of the Subaru BRZ (and its Toyota counterpart). Upon actually driving the thing for a while, they groan that it's suspension is too stiff and its interior is too spartan.

Car and Driver = journalists ?
crackmeup2.gif
crazy2.gif

Most US car magazine "journalists" are little more than
paid staff of the car manufacturers. Many times these "journalists" are too chummy with the manufacturers and in the recent past payola occurred at many US car rags. So if a manufacturer paid enough money and gave enough perks they got the reviews they wanted for their products.

I'm covering the international launch of the new X6, so I'll pass those concerns along...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back