Car and Driver Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Target tonight and noticed Car and Driver motor oil. (The magazine Car and Driver) I had to laugh....I guess soon we will be seeing Motor Trend and Road & Track oil. I wonder who makes it? ahh, who cares.....it's probably proline pepboys oil.

[ January 08, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
? ahh, who cares..... .

That about covers it
lol.gif

target's sold car and driver oil and filters for a long time. I'm sure it says who makes it right on the bottle.

--Matt

Car and Driver filters are Champion Labs. I always thought C&D oil was Valvoline, but really don't know why I thought that other than the fact that Valvoline makes many private brand oils. Several months ago I did write to Target's web page and they told me to call a 800 number. Too much trouble!

By the way yall,

If the Target 'Car and Driver' auto line products are made by Champion Labs....

Bravo to the line! Champion products are great all around OEM replacement products. Furthermore, it is my understanding that Champion Labs makes the K&N Gold Oil Filter, A/C Ultraguard, and the Mobil 1 which are close variants of one another.

A more interesting question is exactly WHICH COMPANY bottles the OIL.

It very well could be a Havoline, or Mobil or what not simply re-bottled under license
smile.gif

Interesting to find the answer to this-

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:
Furthermore, it is my understanding that Champion Labs makes the K&N Gold Oil Filter, A/C Ultraguard, and the Mobil 1 which are close variants of one another.

You can add Bosch, STP and Supertech to the list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back