Car and Driver: 2023 Cadillac Escalade-V Is a Three-Row SUV Hiding a 682-HP V-8. 3 ton / $150k / 4.4 0-60 / 12.7 qt mi @ 110 mph. 😳

2023 Cadillac Gluttonymobile. But it's not alone in the market. I have to admit I envy people who don't even blink at that window sticker, but if I was one of those people, that is not what I would buy.

Yeah I'm not paying $150,000 for the short wheel base version of my 2021 Escalade with a supercharger on its 6.2 and some extra knick knacks.

$150,000 that's unjust. My long wheel base premium luxury starts at 88k and that's far enough.

Why not?

Ram will sell you a $100,000 1/2 ton pickup
Ford and Ram will sell you a $100,000 1 ton pickup
Cadillac, Lincoln, and Jeep will sell you a $100,000 SUV

It's the next step in the accelerating trend of nosebleed pricing on high trim trucks and SUVs.

Give it a year and Stellantis will be making a Grand Wagoneer Trackhawk with a Hellcat engine and selling it for $150k. I'm actually surprised they haven't already.

Who will be buying them? Well, every one of you in the US will sure be paying for them.
I'm sure the USG will have quite a few of them.

This represents the last hurrah of the over-the-top fossil-fuel powered vehicle era...they will be taxed, regulated, outlawed out of existence soon as the Green New Deal-California-ization spreads globally. By the 2030-2040 time frame you will only see such 'beasts' in a museum.

Back