Canucks in need of licensed ATF+4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canucks in need of ATF+4, I learned today that Napa's ATF+4 is made by Valvoline and warrantied by them.
Valvoline is licensed by Chrysler to produce ATF+4

It's $7.70 / Quart CDN which is substantially less expensive than the dealer and others in our market.

Warranty: http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/content/GenuinePartsCompany/104405764pdf?$PDF$

Product Link: https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/NPFATF4QT
(Product Code: NPL ATF4QT)

Napa/Valvoline are listed as Chrysler Approved as confirmed here: https://www.centerforqa.com/chrysler-brands/

Just as an option for anyone that wants to use a licensed ATF+4 fluid.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BrianF
Check a PetroCan bulk dealer. They produce a licenced ATF+4.

Yeah here they are really expensive, not sure about your parts. $12/quart I had looked into it for the Journey before I decided just to use Amsoil Multi-vehicle.

Last edited:
I will have to look into that. I want to do a change on the transmission on my Ram. I will be buying the filters from the dealer though. After the powertrain warranty is up, I will likely go with Amsoil transmission fluid.

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
I will have to look into that. I want to do a change on the transmission on my Ram. I will be buying the filters from the dealer though. After the powertrain warranty is up, I will likely go with Amsoil transmission fluid.

I was like... Nooooooooooo! Then I saw you have the 6-speed setup. I caught my breath. No ATF+4 in the ZF!
grin2.gif

12??? Before tax?? I have to check what their local price is. Duradrive is 7.36 a litre before tax.

Yeah there is a Petro Canada terminal not far from here and they have a walk-up in the same area and I inquired then.

Originally Posted by mechjames
Castrol ATF+4 here at local auto parts store is under $6/qt and approved. Even walmart supertech is approved.

Yeah so I heard from demarpaint.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by xxch4osxx

I was like... Nooooooooooo! Then I saw you have the 6-speed setup. I caught my breath. No ATF+4 in the ZF!
grin2.gif

Haha yep, got the 6 speed. I hear the ZF transmission fluid is crazy expensive, so I'm kind of glad I don't have it!

Yes like $30 USD per quart for Mopar stuff from what I have seen and it's not a "Lifetime" fill as Chrysler says it is. Even ZF says to change it so I'm not sure why they think it's ok not to unless it's to help sell vehicles.
grin2.gif

I'd be changing it even at that price, fluid is cheaper than the cost of a rebuild on these modern transmissions.

Last edited:
Yes like $30 USD per quart for Mopar stuff from what I have seen and it's not a "Lifetime" fill as Chrysler says it is. Even ZF says to change it so I'm not sure why they think it's ok not to unless it's to help sell vehicles.
grin2.gif

I'd be changing it even at that price, fluid is cheaper than the cost of a rebuild on these modern transmissions.

Maxlife can be used in the ZF transmissions
smile.gif

12??? Before tax?? I have to check what their local price is. Duradrive is 7.36 a litre before tax.

Yeah there is a Petro Canada terminal not far from here and they have a walk-up in the same area and I inquired then.

Doesn't sound like a distributor to me. When I did my ATF change on Grand Caravan, I paid low $90s with taxes for a 12 liter case. I don't think their prices would jump this much.
I just checked Petro-Canada website and I cannot find their distributor locator, so that's a bummer as it was pretty useful, although cumbersome to use.

If you're ever in north Etobicoke area here is the distributor I used, they're called R Kidd Fuels.

Google map link

Last edited:
I was at a Chrysler dealership this morning to pick-up plenum seals for my friends jeep and inquired about ATF+4 and they are charging $9 CDN / Quart which isn't terrible considering it's the dealer.

As for the terminal it's Petro Canada so I would assume their price would be better than bought from a 3rd party. (Assumption yes).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back