Can't Wait To See How This Plays Out.

If I were in your shoes I would keep a spare that she doesn't know about locked up in a safe place. It would only ever be used in emergencies and I'd never hand it over to her. I don't know about the particulars of your vehicle but I do know that for some cars if you lose all the master keys it becomes far more expensive to create a new set of keys. Having a locked up spare would be especially helpful in these cases.

This thread inspired me. I have had a blank spare sitting around for a year, and I only got 1 key for my car. I went and got it cut and programmed today! Avoided a potential disaster. These new chip cars are a pain to replace keys.

Depending on how many features the remote has, be prepared for a $400+ bill.
I work at a car dealership....
And be thankful it's not a Mercedes. They charge anywhere from $500-$750 for a keyless go key. Needless to say, I haven't lost any keys yet.

The airtag is better than than Tile, more range and it's the latest thing. Only works on iphone though.

NYEngineer

If I were in your shoes I would keep a spare that she doesn't know about locked up in a safe place. It would only ever be used in emergencies and I'd never hand it over to her. I don't know about the particulars of your vehicle but I do know that for some cars if you lose all the master keys it becomes far more expensive to create a new set of keys. Having a locked up spare would be especially helpful in these cases.
Facts.