Cant sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanks to all those who gave serius advice!!! I did not take any drugs to help me sleep but I think the turkey sandwhich did work in the end!!! My Wife says when you eat alot off blood goes to the stomach and the brain gets sleepy because theirs less oxygen. I ate a Big sammich it was half an Italien loaf from Safeway with a pound of baked turkey breast tomato and cuecumbers lol I feal much better today and plan on going back to Work tomarrow!!!

5 mg of Melatonin would knock me out for about 3 days. I suggest you start with a lower dose, like about .5 mg and work up of you need it.

I just don't know how you people do it. I don't know what sleep is anymore. Days run into eachother, I rarely know what week it is. I've been to four doctors and done an overnight sleep study, it was all a waste of money. I can take a handfull of heavy prescription sleeping pills and stay up all night. My doctor literally said there is nothing else we can give you, you've tried them all. They can knock me out with rhino tranquilizers but that kind of stuff gives me really crazy dreams and I can't take it...

Wow thats crazy!! I normally sleep like a rock my Wife sometimes jits me on the shoulder to make shure Im not dead!!! You see I dont snore but breethe only very shallow so she get's scaird. What you discribe sounds like a Lifestyles change might be in order!!! I imagine being a pirate constittutes a stressfull life lol

Originally Posted By: SecondMonkey
I just don't know how you people do it. I don't know what sleep is anymore. Days run into eachother, I rarely know what week it is. I've been to four doctors and done an overnight sleep study, it was all a waste of money. I can take a handfull of heavy prescription sleeping pills and stay up all night. My doctor literally said there is nothing else we can give you, you've tried them all. They can knock me out with rhino tranquilizers but that kind of stuff gives me really crazy dreams and I can't take it...

Originally Posted By: Oilpants
Wasnt there a melatonin scare a while ago??? Something about contiaminated Cat food??? So much for killing kittens!!!
31.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I used melatonin for a while (a bottle's worth) a few years ago.

Got my stress and anxiety under control, and now can sleep through (not literally) the worst work crises.
You're thinking of melanin-the stuff that goes in plastic dishes, etc.-and Chinese made baby formula & pet food.

I dont think thats right? melanin is what makes our skin tan when exposed to sunlight I think!!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
[/quote]You're thinking of melanin-the stuff that goes in plastic dishes, etc.-and Chinese made baby formula & pet food.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I'll probably run straight through for reasons of "continuity" and hope of a more stable tomorrow.
En vérité, dit-elle, un bienfait n'est jamais perdu. (
55.gif
)

I dont think thats right? melanin is what makes our skin tan when exposed to sunlight I think!!

You're thinking of melanin-the stuff that goes in plastic dishes, etc.-and Chinese made baby formula & pet food.

No, it is called Melatonin.

[/quote]

Melamine. Some people think spelling doesn't matter!
33.gif

Melamine=bad for us, but good for Chinese purveyors of food products graded on protein content (like formula base and whey protein concentrate).

Melatonin=great for helping a person avoid urges to stay awake. Long term side effects have yet to be determined, but they have to be better than the pile of negative literature steadily growing on Ambien.

I have a bottle of the NOW brand and eat a 1/2 tablet on the rare occasion that my daily activities don't qualify me for sleep...I go out like an animal on wild kingdom!! I wake up the next day feeling great.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Some people think spelling doesn't matter!
33.gif

Too many enemies and a hole commotion will do that to you.

At least I got Melanin right!!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Melamine. Some people think spelling doesn't matter!
33.gif
[/quote]

Excellent - and I knew what you were talking about.

Do you drink much caffeine during the day? Get enough aerobic and stretching exercise? These things and some reading before snoozing and you should sleep.

I take 9mg of Melatonin every night to help me sleep. I usually have a Green (decaffeinated) or Herbal tea about an hour before I go to bed and then take the 9mg a half hour before I go to bed and I'm out like a lite until 7-8 hours the next morning. Works great.

My N.D. says it is also known to show good results in warding of cancer forming tumors as an added effect. (Tested in mice)

I don't take it because of that, but that is a plus...

Also there is a huge difference between effectiveness between brands. So if it doesn't work for you or you have weird side effects try changing brands. I'm using a vegan friendly all natural strictly controlled one from a company that most N.D.'s recommend and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back