Can't open pdf files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my UOA report from Blackstone, but can't opent the file. I tried to download the update/plugin, but a page just says "object blocked".
I don't know if this is Firefox(I think so) or my firewall(ZoneLabs) doing this. I've seen this before when I tried to download a game or something, and never figured it out.
I have Windows ME (I know), and Adobe 6.0.
My email account is Yahoo, it shows me the title of the file, and that it was scanned for viruses, then when I click "download" it just says "done" but that's it.
Any help?

I have adobe reader 7 and about 25% of pdf files, I can not open in real time with firefox. I have to manually download them. Works fine with IE though

I fail to see what this has to do with the browser.

The pdf came in an email. It should open in Adobe 7.0, with the browser closed.

OOPS I realized MC does his email in his browser.

You need the .pdf download extension. It's really slick.

[ September 15, 2006, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

I went to Tools>options>downloads and there's nothing under File Types that has anything ot do with pdf files, only ZIP File Open with EXCEL.EXE

No. Excuse me, I must now go beat my computer with a stick.
 -

Right you should get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat reader, its something like version 7.0.8. It appears that the latest version for ME is 6.0.1. Guess you'll have to use another computer.

I download a lot of pdf files for classes and some people had problems opening pdf files. Was because runnning older vesrion of adobe acrobat.

mori before you get all apple diarrhea condescending, PC browser's can view .pdf's without opening the file. It's just like most things PC, a TON more options than apple for a whole lot less dollars.

Pablo, I was kidding. You should have known, because I never do any bragging about Macs -- just like I don't put PCs down. Pistols at 9.
tongue.gif

Mark, Install the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, v7.08. Note, download the free reader without the Yahoo add-in stuff!

Then go to https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/636/ and install this Adobe PDF add-in extension. Restart Firefox. Now it will prompt you on what you want to do with a PDF file.

-

With this extension, PDF's are more manageable.

cheers.gif

The link to the "PDF Dowload" extension works. Dunno why it's not working on your PC. I guess just head on over to the extensions page and search for "PDF download". It should bring you to version 0.7.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back