Can't make decision

What luxury options did you really have? Did it have headlamp washers? Massage seats? Keyless go? 3 position memory seats for both driver and passenger? Heated windshield washer fluid? Pano sunroof? I'm also not sure about the active headlights, was that just auto high beam or did they swivel 12 degrees right/left for active curve illumination? The fog/driving lights also activate on a Mercedes when turning also with the active curve illumination feature. On higher end Mercedes cars, you also have airmatic as an option for the suspension. Smoother ride, but much more expensive to fix.
2018 BMW 530i has those standard?

4D303C76-743D-44F9-AAC7-9967C9E51AB4.jpeg

To be fair Nick, yours was the 5.0 which included equipment that was optional on the base 3.8. The base model 3.8 didn’t come with a sunroof as standard. Just trying to play referee a bit.
I posted a link to a 3.3T (replaced the V8) earlier for $10k less than the 6 cylinder BMW the OP'er is referencing. And I paid $29k less than the referenced BMW before prices were crazy.

As much as I love to buy cars, I'm sitting on the sidelines until this market stabilizes. I'd only buy something right now if I absolutely needed something.

I think it would be wiser to compare prices of a CPO Genesis vs CPO BMW, since the OP is looking at CPO. They Carvana link is just standard used.

2018 BMW 530i has those standard?
It's not whether they're standard or not, but are they even available as an option? It just seems that lots of times when makes like Lexus claims they're luxury cars, they don't offer as many luxury options as the German makes so of course they're more reliable if they don't even have the options available to break and of course they're cheaper because they don't have as many standard options. For instance on Mercedes, every door has sensors for lock and unlock and it's a different sensors for each function plus it also works on the trunk and fuel door. Keyless go is now an option/standard on many other makes now but many of them cheap out in various ways.

It's not whether they're standard or not, but are they even available as an option? It just seems that lots of times when makes like Lexus claims they're luxury cars, they don't offer as many luxury options as the German makes so of course they're more reliable if they don't even have the options available to break and of course they're cheaper because they don't have as many standard options. For instance on Mercedes, every door has sensors for lock and unlock and it's a different sensors for each function plus it also works on the trunk and fuel door. Keyless go is now an option/standard on many other makes now but many of them cheap out in various ways.
I had swiveling HIDs on my 2005 RX, and have keyless lock and unlock on all 4 door handles on the MDX. These features may be introduced by the Germans but don't stay exclusive for long.

Back