Can't Get My Michelins

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends on the mechanic right? Pa has inspections done by licensed shops/mechanics whatever. I had a trusted indie who didn't cheat and I didn't want him to. There were probably mechs with loose standards, didn't know or care.

I wish Az had inspections, it's unbelievable what you see on the roads.

So you're saying you buy stickers from a shady mechanic?
I have heard of people buying inspection stickers but have not ever done so. My vehicles are in good condition and pass inspection. But now that vehicles are registered in Delaware, it's state inspection stations.

I feel you OP. I couldn’t get my LTX defenders in 265/75/16. Had to settle for 265/70/16.

Bummer. Michelin rotates production.

I’ve run both conti DSW’s and PAS+3s on my Scion tCs. Just got the Mich AS4s on my Scion last Friday at Costco. I think I like the Contis in the snow better. Some pepole say they have a softer sidewall, so watch out for potholes.
My wife has already rashed the right front wheel. Thank goodness I know a guy that can make them rashes disappear. Monday at 11 am.

Well you said Michelin's weren't available. You went with a high performance A/S which is already available from Michelin so I was confused.
HAHA. You definitely are confused. Like I said, the particular Michelin tires I wanted are unavailable. Michelin had no availability
time as of yesterday and no idea as to when they would be available. My dealer even looked and other distributors but to no avail.

Anyhoo, I'll be feeling those Continentals about 12:30 tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Just to give you a little background.

This has become my wife's car. She has abandoned the GX470 unless the Grandkids are involved.
She drives it every day to work.

Our son was in a very bad wreck and in some weird way driving this car (his old car)
brings her some degree of comfort. I sorta get it. This was his car that he sold to us as he can't really use it any more
and he needs the money.

It sat in our driveway for 2 years after the wreck. Of course, this car was not involved in the wreck.
I bought it for her. I want it on the road for her. I love my wife and want her to be at peace. If driving
our son's old car contributes to her well being, I'm all for it.

Some people are so quick to judge without having all the facts. Bless their hearts...

All this talk and you still haven't told us the Michelin tire model nor the size.
And your point is what, exactly? Why do you need to know the model and size? What are you gonna do?
If you have read my posts, you should know that the tire I want is unavailable. That is all that matters.

We're slackers in this state. There's a computer print out after you get your inspection so it'd be pretty easy for them to figure out which stations are taking 5-10 minutes per inspection. But it's been like that for years.
North of you it's all done via paper, no computers at all. Scan the OBDII with a tool of your choice then fill out a chit of paper with the results. Mail it back with the empty sticker stub book when you get around to it.

And your point is what, exactly? Why do you need to know the model and size? What are you gonna do?
If you have read my posts, you should know that the tire I want is unavailable. That is all that matters.
Just curious which Michelins are so impossible to get.

You started this thread lamenting how you can't get it, yet you never told us what it actually was.

I just ordered a set of Michelins from
Costco - their price after promo beat out a set of Yokohamas at America’s Tire I was looking at.

They said 5-10 business days. My size is increasingly becoming Chineseium-only.

Just curious which Michelins are so impossible to get.

You started this thread lamenting how you can't get it, yet you never told us what it actually was.
Seems odd that the OP suggests supply chains issues because he had to buy another brands high performance A/S tires since his normal Michelins aren't available yet Michelin (Summer and HP A/S) are in fact available for the vehicle in question.

Also, lights, horn, wipers, etc.

The inspection stations are inspected by the State Police. Where I go, the owner says he is sure they have had undercover troopers
come in as regular "customers" to check up on how the inspection station is doing their inspections. They will jerk your "license" for
a certain period of time if they deem you are cutting corners in the inspection.

A long time ago, I went to a different shop and he was doing
an inspection every 15 minutes (or so) as he wasn't doing a thorough inspection.
So word of mouth got "everyone" going there. He got busted for not pulling
the cars into the bay as the State Police was watching him from across the road.
He would be doing 2 cars at a time with one in the bay and one in the parking lot.
He lost his license for one year. Therefore, I had to find another inspection station.

Like Astro14 said, they don't play here in VA.

VA amended their inspection laws and police are no longer allowed to pull people over for expired inspection stickers of less than 4 months. On a technicality you could have waited for your Michelins and then passed inspection, unless it was going to be more than 4 months wait?

E. No law-enforcement officer shall stop a motor vehicle due to an expired vehicle inspection sticker until the first day of the fourth month after the original expiration date. No evidence discovered or obtained as the result of a stop in violation of this subsection, including evidence discovered or obtained with the operator's consent, shall be admissible in any trial, hearing, or other proceeding.

Seems odd that the OP suggests supply chains issues because he had to buy another brands high performance A/S tires since his normal Michelins aren't available yet Michelin (Summer and HP A/S) are in fact available for the vehicle in question.

The rear tires that match my front tires are not available and they have no future production date info.

The only thing that seems odd is your reading comprehension. LOL

Well, I got the Continentals and I can definitely tell a difference although that might by a psychological bias or something
like that. I'm sure someone here will help diagnose my mental issues....

Anyways, the biggest difference is the sidewalls seem to be softer on the Conti's. When I steer hard right or left is seems
the rear has to catch up. I don't mind it. Just different. Conti's seem to be softer. Michelins are crisper. Since I don't have
as much flesh in my buttocks as I used to have, I sorta like the softer ride. The Conti's are quieter but they are brand new so
I really can't compare the two at this point. Probably be a year or two before I will know how they sound worn down. Now this
next point may be one of those psychological bias perceptions, I don't know. It does seem over different textures of asphalt that
I can feel more in the steering wheel with the Conti's. IDK??

Bottom line, I am no longer depressed. I am satisfied. I think I'll make some popcorn and watch a Blacklist. It really is true that all
things work together....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back