Can't Get My Michelins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am depressed. The tires I need for my IS350 are on backorder. I cannot pass state inspection with current tires.
State inspection is due this month. I feel like I am committing adultery. I'm gonna have to cheat on my life long Michelin
relationship (30+ Years). My Michelin dealer tried to locate them but to no avail.

Please don't tell me I can get them from here or there or Amazon. I am loyal to my dealer. I can't commit 2 adulteries back
to back.

I have chosen Continental Extreme DWS 06 + as my mistress.

Tire backorders are a thing and it is hitting us pretty hard. People that are picky about their tires and what ones they want have to settle for what is available. They want us to price match something that I have to have shipped from across the country, someone has to pay the shipping and ultimately it won't be me.

Unfortunately, some loyalties are going to have to go out the window during times like this. I never really saw myself buying Atlas tires, but they're on their way to my house right now (allegedly). Learn to color outside the lines until our transportation situation rights itself. And pray that it does.

Can't you buy inspection stickers where you live?
Are you suggesting fraud? Buying stickers when the car has failed inspection?

Virginia has a state safety inspection. They check quite a bit, including tire tread depth and condition, brake lining, suspension parts, etc.

A vehicle that fails inspection must have the failed item corrected.

“Buying a sticker” on a failed vehicle would be fraud, and would require paying someone off to pass a failed vehicle. It’s an actual crime to do that in Virginia.

Well, I am depressed. The tires I need for my IS350 are on backorder. I cannot pass state inspection with current tires.
State inspection is due this month. I feel like I am committing adultery. I'm gonna have to cheat on my life long Michelin
relationship (30+ Years). My Michelin dealer tried to locate them but to no avail.

Please don't tell me I can get them from here or there or Amazon. I am loyal to my dealer. I can't commit 2 adulteries back
to back.

I have chosen Continental Extreme DWS 06 + as my mistress.
Tire Rack?

Tire Rack doesn't have 'em? They seem to be the only ones who have the Michelins for our GS with the staggered sizes.
Just might get worse...

You've already ordered the Contis...but how long were the Michelins on back order? If it was that important to you, you could have simply driven on old tires with an expired inspection sticker, or gone in and failed the last day of the month and gotten the pink sticker which is good for another 15 days after issue.

Not to mention there are shops where your tires may have passed.

I know how you feel. Sunday I cut the inside sidewall on one of my tires on a piece of metal I ran over. Since the tires were worn I wanted to replace both on that axle, FWD. I stopped at my local tire dealer who always comes through, they only had two 195-65-15 Defenders in stock including their warehouse. The counter guy, also manager said the same thing, they're also having supply issues.

Are you suggesting fraud? Buying stickers when the car has failed inspection?

Virginia has a state safety inspection. They check quite a bit, including tire tread depth and condition, brake lining, suspension parts, etc.

A vehicle that fails inspection must have the failed item corrected.

“Buying a sticker” on a failed vehicle would be fraud, and would require paying someone off to pass a failed vehicle. It’s an actual crime to do that in Virginia.
NY has safety inspections. Done at dealerships and indy shops. The idea of a mechanic checking his own work is just plain dumb. Some states have state inspection stations and that would seem a much better idea.

But I keep my own vehicles in good mechanical shape and do not depend upon an inspection to catch things. I see enough cars with one headlight or no working tail lights that I wonder how much good inspection really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back