Can't get into my Saturn Vue. When did car makers go to 1 door lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-vehicle-dollies-2-pc-61283.html?cid=paid_google|||61283&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9tbzBRDVARIsAMBplx8ePRBazS9FEG3lBMbOEFLuH12qba99n918f512a_Qn_OUpCVjMnBIaAp9AEALw_wcB

2 sets of these and 2 sheets of plywood and you can pull it away from the wall

Don

Originally Posted by vavavroom
Originally Posted by atikovi
When did car makers go to 1 door lock?

Over 20 years ago, VW killed three birds with one stone. With their ultra-reliable keyed lock technology, VW could not only afford to cut down on unnecessary redundancy, but they also cut down on keyed lock failures at the same time, bringing the lock failure rate down to just over 100% over the life of the vehicle. Plus they saved a little money. Many other manufacturers recognized the brilliant logic and followed toute de suite. And now they have begun putting away with the ignition key. The future is brilliant, I tell ya!
grin2.gif

LOL - well at least they left the hidden trunk/hatch lock (wagons). But on sedans no way to lower the rear seats from the trunk area.
lol.gif

OP did you check under the rear hatch grab handle area to see if Saturn hid a lock for the hatch under there?

It's been three days. Is it still there?

Looks like you can run a come-a-long from that tree and drag the front end away from the building.

Time is wasting.

Originally Posted by Fattylocks
After you drag that Saturn out of there you might want to trim up that tree a little bit. Doesn't look roof friendly.

I think thats why its there. I think he was using it to get on the roof. If you look closely at the pic, you will see a generator and electric chainsaw.

The window frame on the door is pretty flexible. Just wedge the passenger door open enough to get a long thin tool in to operate the door release handle or pull the locking pin. You can even buy a lockout kit that comes with all the tools.

Cutting torch or ball bat. Or
Jump box on the battery post of the starter. Be careful and don't hook it to the starter post of the solenoid. You could end up with a smashed head or bacon striped britches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back