Can't find Zerex G-05 or Peak Global

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangest place I found peak global: my local 7-11, price: $7.95
Full concentrated gallon! The owner of the 7-11 stopped carrying it. I should see if she can still get it..

You won't find the G-05, Pentosin's, BMW, M/Benz, etc.. at big box retail parts stores. heck, autozone believes the "universal" is just that. They sell dexcool, "univesal" and old skool green (valucraft). You ask them for anything beyond what they have, and they try to push the universal on you. It's not their fault, they listen to the reps and the labels.

As BITOG members, we know better that to fall for that!

My local Pep Boys, O'Reilly, Napa and another chain have G05 but none has Peak Global. Local Pep Boys has Peak Professional supposed to be the same as Global, it's in black jug as Global.

Just got Zerex G05 last summer at an independent parts place; I think it was about $18 / gal in the concentrated form.

They had to get it from another one of their stores, but it appeared to be "no problem"; there was no expressions of disbelief or crunched up noses when I mentioned it.

Napa and O'Reillys usually have it. I've bought Zerex G-05 (Not Motorcraft) at a Ford Dealer that had it for the same price or less than the stores. They also had Motorcraft but it was a couple of bucks more.

All the NAPA stores I have been in either have it (Zerex G-05) or can get it quickly. Many other indy parts store also have it.

I would get G-05 if possible.

Nothing wrong with Peak Global, but if he can get what was in it from the factory, so much the better.

I was able to get G-05 at my local NAPA. Had to order it though, in case lots. Took about 3 days or so to get it in from the warehouse in Los Angeles.

Both available in full strength through my local NAPA. PGL not in stock but available for overnight delivery. Ford dealer should have MC Gold G05, check price.

Zerex G05 Part# ZXG051 $16.99 gallon.

PGL Part# PEA 00407 $15.49 gallon

Hello, I'd bet it varies by store. If only a few jokers come in per month looking for coolant AND they'll leave with a generic AMAM, the store won't bother stocking other stuff or loose the shelf space. My local (Wood-Ridge) NAPA fetched my G-05 concentrate from another store in their chain in 40 minutes. Doubtless that is what would happen if a garage called for the same thing. Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back