cant find GC in asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
all the syntec we get here has "made in the usa" on the back. it comes in the new bottles with the outperforms in the front, and comes with green or red labels, depending on the viscosity. is this stuff as good as GC? or am i better off not getting it?

i'm from the philippines. actually all the syntec stuff here is 10w-40 or some other weight. no 0w-30 is available

Yup, look for Castrol Formula SLX, not Syntec.
smile.gif

Found two qts of GC in my area today, but all the rest were the Yellow Made in North America stuff. Only the two Red Made in Germany were available.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Found two qts of GC in my area today, but all the rest were the Yellow Made in North America stuff. Only the two Red Made in Germany were available.

It's a start though, I think you're the first one in NJ to spot GC! My buddy from West Orange has been looking since last year and still can't find it, and he's checked 2 or 3 Autozones near his house and work.

Good, maybe it's comming here. I think the oil in general is becomming more popular in the US. I think Castrol is starting to maybe increase supply and phase out the older (I hope) Syntetec.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Good, maybe it's comming here. I think the oil in general is becomming more popular in the US. I think Castrol is starting to maybe increase supply and phase out the older (I hope) Syntetec.

Be patient. I was in the same situation. My Autozone just pulled all the old stuff and re-stocked with GC this Friday. I think it is going to be everywhere in the USA at Autozones.

My dilemma now is M1 is working fine and I can get it 75 to 80 cents cheaper on a per qt. basis.
dunno.gif

The Philippines! Kumusta?
cheers.gif

I was in Manila in December. I believe I saw SLX at one of those hardware stores at Robinson's Galeria. I also saw Delvac 1 there somewhere.

CATS on EDSA used to sell SLX but they no longer do. They also used to sell Delvac 1 5W-40, M1 5W-30, and M1 10W-30, but now only sell M1 0W-40 (probably because they're a Benz dealer)

CATS still sells German-made Lubro-Moly vollsynthese though, good stuff. I'd use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back