Can't decide...but I need another pal

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I lived in FL., 2 doors down my neighbor was the president of the Hillsbourough county foster parents board. She had a few foster kids. They would come over to my house to play with my son, and vise versa. They owned 2 Ferrets. Those little things are smart! After awhile, they would come over to my house, scratching on the front door. I would let them in and they would stay and play until they wanted to go back home. They would scratch on the door and I would let them out. They would run straight home. Amazing, huh?

My Highschool Bio teacher had three ferrets that were awesome to watch and play with. The older one simply ran around the classroom full-bore, smacking into anything and everything, he was so blind.

The younger brother spent most of his time beating up his younger sister and occasionally dragging her across the room, while she struggled and protested.

They were definitely a distraction, but I don't recall a single person who dreaded going to her class - it was my favorite class, by far; and we had tons of other great classes, too. I personally liked Physical Science (our teacher reminded me a little of Mr. Wizard), Physics (our teacher built all of his own contraptions, such as low-friction carts for conservation of momentum and energy practical, as well as stuff that would blow up or cause awesome laser shows, which were used for speed-of-light calcs) and English (one was an ex-Eagles cheerleader who taught us, well, I don't remember what she taught us, but I was always on-time! The other English teacher was a sarcastic, "mean" old lady with a razor-sharp wit, who only hated you if you were disrespectful.) Out of all of those classes, I still preferred going to Bio, mostly because the ferrets were so entertaining.

//

With all of that said, Ferrets STIIIIIIIIIINK! No matter what you do, they stink. If you plan on having girls over, you'll be hard-pressed to mask the stench!

I had ferrets growing up. They're cool animals, but a royal PITA to care for; cage cleaning every week, they'll poop and pee all over if you let them run around the house (which you have to, they LOVE IT).

If you're willing to put in the work it requires to care for one, it might be an option.

And yes, they're stinkers as well. you need to wash them.

Get a cat. Easiest animals on Earth to care for.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
ferrets stink, but so do dogs. I just dont see how a great dane and a ferret are going to get along safely.

Comparing ferret stank to dog stank leads me to believe you haven’t had much exposure to ferrets on a daily basis!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Get a cat. Easiest animals on Earth to care for.

That’s what I would do, if I wasn’t so badly allergic. I might do immunotherapy, just so I can eventually have a cool cat or two.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
ferrets stink, but so do dogs. I just dont see how a great dane and a ferret are going to get along safely.

My brother's Boxer isn't a stinker and he goes to the dog park daily. Last time he was here I asked if he had a bath recently since he seemed pretty clean. No was the reply but he will get one soon. They like to keep themselves clean like cats. Although there's a few exceptions to that rule.

Get one of these
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back