Cancelling a line with Sprint/T-Mobile...

I had to ask the same person 5 (five) times to please cancel my service, before she relented and decided to honor my request.

I'm not terribly surprised, but I expected her to give up after the third time. I finally had to mention how many times that I'd already asked, before any progress was made.

I guess they figure if they make it painful enough, and waste enough of your time, that you'll give in and just keep paying for something that you don't really need?

And I'm already at 45+ minutes of waiting for this to be accomplished.

'Customer Service' is dead.

call your state public service commission and or the state attorney general. It will be fixed, once they get the letter.

Rod

Interesting, I’ve had mobile phones for over 20 years and I don’t think I’ve ever called to cancel service. I’ve just ported my numbers away and that cancels it.

Could you do it on chat instead?

After an hour and 18 minutes, I've been told that it has been cancelled, and have a reference number for the cancellation request.

We'll see what my next bill from Sprint looks like....

FWIW, I fired Sprint say 15 years ago when they couldn't be bothered to charge the actual credit card on file for my account.

It wasn't a bad CC# nor was the card expired or whatever. They just couldn't/wouldn't charge it even though it was clearly set up as the source of my auto-payment.

I got fed up and switched to AT&T.

I'd been a customer of Sprint since the 1980s and at one time, even had a personal 800 number at home so when travelling, I could call home, or distant family could call me.

I think I shared my AT&T experience where I just wanted to BUY a phone to replace one my daughter lost. Didn't want to sell me what was a $300 phone at MicroCenter. Wanted me to put it on a payment plan.

So we left the AT&T store, and went to MicroCenter and bought the phone and then back to the AT&T store, even though they offered the very same phone.

Good grief, why does it have to be so difficult.

Should have just ported the number to google voice.

Then you can have that number forward to any number, and you don't need to worry about keeping the number.

I switched from VZW to Sprint (now T-Mobile) a couple of years ago due to bad customer service. Chatting with Sprint reps at the time was much more efficient and questions were answered with actual answers.

Plus, can't beat the savings. The service was middling compared to VZW, but just fine where we are most of the time. Maybe it's all in my head, but I feel as if service is improving now that T-Mobile has taken over.

I pay $59.96 for unlimited everything. They probably throttle at some point, but we don't use much data anyway.

The persons job is to retain customers that request to cancel. "good job" is what someone would tell her for rebuttalling you for over an hour. Its annoying and I dont agree with it but understand everyone has a job to do.

Back