Canceled TV shows....I saw the list today

The only show I had watched on the list was the Magnum reboot .....on and off....mostly off...season 3-4 ive watched zero of it.
It was rather disappointing to me after watching the Selleck ones from the 80's.
The actors did not perform well together IMHO why i lost hope....did anybody watch it and really like it?

The only show I had watched on the list was the Magnum reboot .....on and off....mostly off...season 3-4 ive watched zero of it.
It was rather disappointing to me after watching the Selleck ones from the 80's.
The actors did not perform well together IMHO why i lost hope....did anybody watch it and really like it?
I liked it for a while, but it started to feel like the same story over and over with different bad guys. She solves the whole problem on her laptop, he says something clever, maybe punches somebody, and it's happily ever after. Yawn. And....they didn't have to kill off the 318....they should've given it periodic cameos.

I liked it for a while, but it started to feel like the same story over and over with different bad guys. She solves the whole problem on her laptop, he says something clever, maybe punches somebody, and it's happily ever after. Yawn. And....they didn't have to kill off the 318....they should've given it periodic cameos.
That sums it up....I remember after the first few shows thinking this take on Magnum aint going make it....im surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I liked the new Magnum, but didn't really watch it much this season because we started up the Friday night car hangout again. That being said I was too young for the Selleck Magnum.

I really liked SEAL Team, but having it on Paramount+ instead of CBS, makes it difficult for me to remember to watch it.

I could go for a good remake of Airwolf. And by Airwolf I mean the Jan Michael Vincent / Earnest Borgnine one, not the thing USA had after.

Magnum P.U.

saw a little. was amused with the way they used a Ferrari like a prop. Think they weren't allowed to even start it, the way it moved from place to place without being in traffic/dynamic motion. Obviously a detective show far too expensive to reproduce in today's economic climate.

I don't watch much but when I do the first mention of any woke crap off it goes. A couple of months ago NCIS LA had a woke theme and it got turned right off. Verizon gave me Disney, fat chance, I told them to keep it.

I do not intentionally go out of my way to ignore anything on the whole, unless an actual egregious offense is committed. Case in point: I can’t STAND Fox talking heads (honestly worse than most, because I consider them malicious, not just incompetent); however, I have Fox NEWS go first on Alexa’s morning flash briefing, because I like their format and what they brief in their short allotment of time over, say, Reuters.

RE: Disney, I haven’t found any of the shows and movies I watch to be “woke”. With that said, I’ve heard more than a few old grizzled guys at work accuse just about anything new/current of being woke, so there’s that…I won’t go into detail so as to keep this thread from being locked, but I’m sure you can extract from context clues some examples on your own.

If you’re referring to one socio-political stance, then I’ve got news for you! Search long enough and you’ll find things you don’t like or agree with in just about every part of anything. I’m personally not willing to cut out truly entertaining content over something as trivial as INCONSEQUENTIAL politics.

Not recently, and I don’t usually care very much when a series is canceled, but the following were canceled or ended in a way that felt incomplet:

Castlevania Netflix animated series

Dexter

Battlestar Galactica (most recent)

Last Man Standing

Firefly

I‘m sure there are more, but these come directly to mind.

Thank goodness American Auto made it through, that show is hysterical

Fun fact -- they shot parts of the show at Toyota's old HQ building in California, left empty after their move to Texas. Both the interior atrium and some exterior shots. So their fictional offices did actually house a real car company.

It can also be seen in Season 2 of Homecoming, as Geist headquarters.

I never watched any of the shows on the list. I think the reason that there are so many poor programs on TV these days is that the networks have to produce something in order to fill up all the time slots. So when the executives look at all the new pilots they just flip a coin or something in order to green light a show.

The excellent writers and producers that gave us so many good shows in the past have all died off and the new generation come from the "everyone gets an award" and "don't hurt their self esteem" upbringing, which gives birth to mediocre writing and producing.

I don’t generally watch a lot of TV but when I do, it’s usually a British, Australian, or New Zealand production that we stream through various services on Amazon prime. Acorn and Britbox have several good shows.
I don’t care for any of the major American television shows and I sure as he** don’t watch any news programs. Life’s too short for doom and gloom and outright negativity.

The only weekly broadcast TV network series that I have regularly watched in the last 10 years is Shark Tank. The rest of them have been garbage IMO, especially the "reality" shows.

I don’t generally watch a lot of TV but when I do, it’s usually a British, Australian, or New Zealand production that we stream through various services on Amazon prime. Acorn and Britbox have several good shows.
I don’t care for any of the major American television shows and I sure as he** don’t watch any news programs. Life’s too short for doom and gloom and outright negativity.
Ive watched sky one on Amazon the "COBRA" series which i found better than any American show....great acting and little CGI which i hate

I never watched any of the shows on the list. I think the reason that there are so many poor programs on TV these days is that the networks have to produce something in order to fill up all the time slots. So when the executives look at all the new pilots they just flip a coin or something in order to green light a show.

The excellent writers and producers that gave us so many good shows in the past have all died off and the new generation come from the "everyone gets an award" and "don't hurt their self esteem" upbringing, which gives birth to mediocre writing and producing.
IMHO, the better shows came from limited channels. In my case, growing up, we had CBS, NBC and ABC for first run shows. WPIX, WOR and WNEW were All reruns of canceled shows.

Back