canadian walmarts and pennzoil oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your wal-mart has the pennzoil oil change service, then ask for their oil filters at the auto service counter. the one for my S10 is a PZI-9A and costs $2.37 plus tax, and it's not a fram..seems to be a champion or something. says made in USA. just a heads up.
smile.gif

I would not use Pennzoil filters; they are among the worst made filters. The filter is no place to be counting pennies. Canadian Walmart stores do carry AC Delco oil filters that are one of the best, and also one of the least expensive. A Delco PF-2C sells for C$3.16 ($2.25US) and that is cheaper than the Motorcraft FL-1A that sells for $2.75 US at American Walmart stores. The AC Delco filters are also made in Canada, and are as good or better than the Motorcraft.

Walmarts in Canada are not selling AC Delco filters anymore, check again. My store used to have a huge supply, now it's been replaced by travel mugs.
frown.gif

Actually Pennzoil oil filters used to be fram but I think that they are made by Wix or a company equivilent. The filters say that they are made in Houston TX. I use the filters and usually buy them at Auto Parts extra for around 6.50 a piece for my Jeep but if Wal-Mart is selling them that cheap then I will have to check it out.

Isn't the main thing about what a Wallyworld carries perceived demand? If they do not have enough sales of a certain item, they clearance it, and go on...

Aside from minor differences in regional warehouses, they all have access to the same stuff...

So, if there is something you want, and they do not have it at your store, ask.

Pennzoil filters are made by Purolater...I have dis-assembled both and you cannot tell the difference between the two..Pennzoil oil filters are Purolater Premium Plus's painted yellow.

the welland walmart carries ac-delco [wix] filters while the fort erie one does not.

this pennzoil filter does not look like a purolator. it looks like it has something dome-shaped for a bypass relief valve.

quote:

Originally posted by Bluestream:
The Walmart in Kitchener still has a good supply of Delco filters. Should I be stocking up?

Yes! Buy every single one you need, because one by one they are getting rid of them. I didn't believe it when I first heard it from a few guys in my car club, but more people are noticing their own local Walmarts doing this every single week now.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg:
the welland walmart carries ac-delco [wix] filters while the fort erie one does not.

this pennzoil filter does not look like a purolator. it looks like it has something dome-shaped for a bypass relief valve.

Cut a Pennz open...I have...tell-tale string around the media,spring steel by-pass valve,same anti-drainback material...it's a Purolater for sure!I get them from HomeHardware around here...use to get Premium Plus but the Pennzoil filter came with my last order of Purolaters...cut open the Pennz..no mistake...it's a Purolater around here anyways.

Patman, thanks for the heads up. I went down to WalMart on my lunch and bought a dozen AC Delco PF-2 filters for my Explorer. The guy in the automotive department said that they are discontinuing Delco oil filters in favor of Fram, as the Fram is a much better seller. Unfortunatly they were sold out of PF-44C.

They do use Pennzoil filter in their service dept. Fram is just for retail sales.

[ October 29, 2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Bluestream ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back