IMG_20201216_141114.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20201216_141107.jpg
    IMG_20201216_141107.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20201216_141103.jpg
    IMG_20201216_141103.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 46
I’ve seen the Gearwrench and Harbor Freight ones just I don’t know if I’d like the ratcheting one end and box end the other but I bet they are useful.

Reactions: JC1
I’ve seen the Gearwrench and Harbor Freight ones just I don’t know if I’d like the ratcheting one end and box end the other but I bet they are useful.
I bought them for leverage when working on tighter fasteners. I have the shorter gearwrenches but they are so so. I was watching Eric the car guy and he was showing his snap on long reach box wrenches for working on Honda's and that got me wanting an upgrade that fit my budget.

I first saw this set, but price wasn't budging much.

I bought them for leverage when working on tighter fasteners. I have the shorter gearwrenches but they are so so. I was watching Eric the car guy and he was showing his snap on long reach box wrenches for working on Honda's and that got me wanting an upgrade that fit my budget.

I first saw this set, but price wasn't budging much.

You should have checked the Capri website they are having a Christmas sale I placed a order about a week ago it’s scheduled to be here tomorrow and free shipping couldn’t beat the price. Got a ratchet and a hex bit I needed cheaper than I could have gotten both for from Harbor Freight. But yes I have seen ETCG use them on his videos too. I’m sure they are very handy.

Reactions: JC1
You should have checked the Capri website they are having a Christmas sale I placed a order about a week ago it’s scheduled to be here tomorrow and free shipping couldn’t beat the price. Got a ratchet and a hex bit I needed cheaper than I could have gotten both for from Harbor Freight. But yes I have seen ETCG use them on his videos too. I’m sure they are very handy.
That sale might not apply to Canadian customers. We get the shaft from a lot of online sellers.

Checked their website looks like $108 (which is probably US dollars). So there's no big savings, didn't check if they ship to Canada, but it would probably end up costing more when all said and done as opposed to shopping on Amazon.

Last edited:
That sale might not apply to Canadian customers. We get the shaft from a lot of online sellers.

Checked their website looks like $108 (which is probably US dollars). So there's no big savings, didn't check if they ship to Canada, but it would probably end up costing more when all said and done as opposed to shopping on Amazon.
True. I can’t shop on Amazon due to my parents rules but yeah it probably doesn’t I keep forgetting you’re in Canada. Overall though in case you decide to get something from Capri in the future I highly recommend them I’ve used many of their products with good luck very high quality Taiwan made stuff.

True. I can’t shop on Amazon due to my parents rules but yeah it probably doesn’t I keep forgetting you’re in Canada. Overall though in case you decide to get something from Capri in the future I highly recommend them I’ve used many of their products with good luck very high quality Taiwan made stuff.
"Parents rules" If you don't mind my asking .................How old are you? :rolleyes:

2237 posts

Last edited:
Thanks. Not many of us that’s for sure. I was one of the few at my old shop who could drive a manual that’s another thing that was going away.
That's good.

Now, how about driving a manual car without synchros. Can you double clutch?

Can you start a car with a manual choke? Do you know when to choke and when not to choke?

How about a car with a separate ignition switch and starter switch?

How about with a manual ignition advance?

;)

Last edited:
That's good.

Now, how about driving a manual car without synchros. Can you double clutch?

Can you start a car with a manual choke? Do you know when to choke and when not to choke?

How about a car with a separate ignition switch and starter switch?

How about with a manual ignition advance?

;)
Ok you got me on those Astro 😆. I have dealt with manual choke one time but didn’t drive the vehicle just used it to get it started lol. My dads Freightliner has the key ignition then after you turn the key you have to press the button for it to start it’s 2000 technology right there lol.

Try a motorcycle with foot clutch and hand shifter with spark advance on the left grip and throttle on the right with no return spring on the carb and kick start and front brake on the left to boot.
The first time I tried I put it through the shed door. LOL. Over the years I became quite proficient riding the old timers, going from the Indian Chief with shifter on the right side of the tank to the HD with it on the left was a bit unnerving.

Try a motorcycle with foot clutch and hand shifter with spark advance on the left grip and throttle on the right with no return spring on the carb and kick start and front brake on the left to boot.
The first time I tried I put it through the shed door. LOL. Over the years I became quite proficient riding the old timers, going from the Indian Chief with shifter on the right side of the tank to the HD with it on the left was a bit unnerving.
That sounds fun LOL. My dad rode an Indian Chief when he was younger back in the early 80s. He also had many other motorcycles too I still have all the spare parts for those. He liked working on them and riding them.

Back