Canadian Tire gas stations re-branding as Petro-Canada stations!

Canadian Tire is partnering with Suncor’s Petro-Canada; and re-branding it’s stations as Petro-Canada stations.
This is unreal - CT has spent decades developing its gas-station brand, now it will disappear?
Don’t get me wrong - I actually think this is great, as Petro-Canada makes great fuels and oils, so if this is what is in the tank, I’m there every fill up.
Wonder if CT oils will become made by PC? That business was spun off to Holly Frontier, but PC still makes them, and they are good stuff.
One thing they are bragging about is you can collect both CT money and Petro-points on fill ups!

I will not bother, I get all my gasoline from Costco. I agree that this is a weird move given the time CTC has taken to establish their gas station brand.

As long as I can still get my CT money then I'm all good. I have a CT gas station about 3 minutes from my house.

I guess Petro Canada would have written a sweet enough deal to get Canadian Tire to give up the brand recognition. I don’t think it really had much value. Not all the stores even had accompanying gas stations.

Canadian Tire is partnering with Suncor’s Petro-Canada; and re-branding it’s stations as Petro-Canada stations.
This is unreal - CT has spent decades developing its gas-station brand, now it will disappear?
Don’t get me wrong - I actually think this is great, as Petro-Canada makes great fuels and oils, so if this is what is in the tank, I’m there every fill up.
Wonder if CT oils will become made by PC? That business was spun off to Holly Frontier, but PC still makes them, and they are good stuff.
One thing they are bragging about is you can collect both CT money and Petro-points on fill ups!
The back story to the HF aquisition was that they were planning to build a group III capable lube plant near thier SLT,UT operation when the PC lube plant came up for sale. Last year HF merged with Sinclair. www.hfsinclair.com

Much of the gasoline in Saskatchewan and Manitoba for all gas stations, comes by truck and rail from the Co-op refinery in Regina.
Light products from Edmonton are transported by pipe, rail and truck.

Back