Canadian oil history ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
Mama Bear and I recently moved to a house in Leamington, ON. CA. It is the house that I grew up in from 1945 to 1970, and we are getting settled in quite comfortably.
In the move, I found a couple of large old "White Rose" oil cans that I had been saving to keep odd bits in. I knew it was time to get rid of the old drums as the new house is a lot smaller than the house we were leaving.
I called a local fella that I knew collected such memorabilia. We had not really talked with one another but I knew his wife who worked at a store next to our store. We also have mutual friends/acquaintances and we had quite a good visit today in our driveway !!
Turns out, Jim is a real "oil nut" and I told him about BITOG and what a great community of oil nuts it was. Perhaps he'll "join up" and share some of his experiences.
You can visit his site at http://www.allcanadiancompany.com/pg2.html . Look in the "old photos" for the White Rose station in Leamington.... that is where I worked during high school and our new home is just to the left of the the large house on the left of the station.
Small world ain't it ??!!
grin2.gif

I remember White Rose stations as a kid. Also remember Supertest, B/A (British-American) BP, Fina and Gulf stations. All now gone...

Cool!
thumbsup2.gif
I love going to Leamington. Had a blast when I was there opening a restaurant. The owner opened another one in Windsor and I got to open that one as well.

HERE is the photo of the "Big Tomato" tourist info booth across from our home. Leamington has the Heinz plant and we are know as the "Tomato Capital of Canada"...

The "old photos" page of the White Rose website shows the old Leamington, Ontario White Rose station. THIS PIC is what that location looks like today. That beautiful old home was demolished and the property turned into a car wash. Papa Bear's "summer home" now adjoins the service station and you may note that it is a Canadian Tire gas bar now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back