Canadian fuel - ethanol blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a search on this but no luck.
Looking for the Canadian fuel with the lowest ethanol blend, if in fact there is a difference. I see Sunoco saying up to 10% and others like Esso implying that there is only and ethanol blend if it indicates this at the pump(?). Regards, Dave

Shell V-Power 91 apparently has no ethanol. Other premium grade fuels may be the same.

All others, AFAIK, will have some amont of ethanol in them. It's almost impossible to get fuel w/o ethanol in it up here, unless you pony up for premium.

Ontario requires 5% ethanol in fuel "average" which I would imagine means E10 regular, and ethanol-free premium in most cases.

Alberta is pretty much the only place in Canada where you can for-sure get ethanol free gas.

Only premium seems to not have the label "May contain up to 10% ethanol" on the pump. I go to Ultramar pretty much exclusively and thats what they have their pumps. On thursdays premium is 3 cents cheaper.
Are you worried about mileage? In theory a 10% blend should only cut your mileage by 4%. Do you use drivethroughs? If so, stop using them and get your 4% mileage back.

Thanks for the input on this. Not concerned about the mileage. Just want to avoid it if I can in the higher performance car and bike. I use Sonoco 94 in the car and Esso premium in the bike so maybe it's unblended(?). Regards, Dave

Sunoco 94 is an ethanol blended fuel, Esso premium is not.

Sunoco owns a large ethanol plant in Ontario and are "comitted" to adding ethanol to their fuel. 94 is 10% ethanol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back