Canada - Marijuana now legal

I thought it was the "dirty hippies"? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, and maybe somewhere less expected

D3CE05FF-BE3C-4288-A53D-ACFE12C145F8.jpeg

If you want to fix opioid problem, start with doctors and drug companies that prescribe it for all sort of things. Ibuprofen is sufficient but doctors just write you a script for codine even if you don't ask for it.

There are way too many addicts who started out like this.
1000%

If you want to watch a very entertaining true story of this, watch the Nexflix mini-series "The Pharmacist".
It's about the loss of a son which leads to the realization of a much larger problem in today's society.

Aye, the light shone on me today. Driving home from work, all I can smell is dope, for three blocks. Somebody in front of me must have just been HAULING on some fat gagger. Totally gross.
Now that it's legal here in NY, this'll happen to me too I'm sure. But you know what, I've had to drive around smelling cigarette smoke for years, if this is the price to pay for thousands of people who did nothing worse than smoking a joint not going to prison, it's a small price to pay. Truly "first world problems".

Edit: Obviously I realize there are "driving under the influence" angles here as well, and people shouldn't be doing it.

I don't smoke it but I did pick up a couple packs of THC chocolate from Berkshire Roots some months ago, and it's nice to occasionally pop one or two squares of that in the evening and just chill.

I do not believe it will be political to take the discussion in this direction, although I'm sure someone will be along to refute me.

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, there is something very juvenile or unrefined about MJ/weed culture and you have also seen it. A simple visit to any "head shop" will show you all the dozens or hundreds of glass pipes in the shapes of Spongebob, Simpsons, Rick and Morty, etc. You can go on YouTube right now and find versions of those same cartoons where the characters are dazed potheads who just make weed jokes for 10 mins straight.

At least for now, hey it's a free world in some places and people can choose to smoke their bud out of a pipe shaped like Lisa Simpson's head, but there's a reason why alcohol and tobacco both have very strict laws about appealing to minors.

I personally have no problem with MJ as a personal choice enjoyed by responsible adults, but my advice to the MJ community as a whole would be to cut out the cartoonish shenanigans because it's only going to attract negative attention and be used against you. Do things with a bit more discretion and, for lack of a better term "class", and you'll be able to enjoy things in the current capacity for much longer.

Totally agree on this.

See it all the time with the locals flaunting their new found abilities.

But the fact that it was illegal is what made this idiotic culture. So I’m also glad that’s gone.

Now I just hope that those who smoke it are treated the same way as cigarettes were treated in the last decades, and not given some pass with their disgusting smoke.

From what I understand, the younger folk don't necessarily smoke it like us boomers did. They vape the oil or eat it. The dispensary I was in had a wide variety of buds and oil and stuff I never heard of. But no mids.

Me either. And in the local area, I smell it on the roads and in the stores a LOT more than ever before. So many more people are doing it much more, in much more open places.

I never cared much for tobacco smoke, and especially breathing it after it was in somebody else’s lungs. Marijuana smoke to me is worse in that regard. Can’t stand it. And thus I can’t stand the folks intent on broadcasting about their love for smoking it, or the fact that they are. Very popular fad around here recently.

I really don’t care about it, I don’t smoke anything, really don’t drink more than a glass of wine or beer every so often. If others want to, ok fine, just don’t get the disgusting stench in my face. I find it worse than tobacco.

I have also noticed recently that the distribute and tax it model is failing. A few friends have cards or whatever, and they’ve indicated that the legal distributed route is so much more expensive than what they can get it for elsewhere. So of course they buy it elsewhere. And avoid the taxes. Which was much of what the whole thing was sold on...

Exactly right ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Make a high tax rate......

No one.... And I mean no one wants to pay an extra 10, 20, 30, 35 percent. Whether it be growers, wholesalers, or end users.

Exactly right ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Make a high tax rate......

No one.... And I mean no one wants to pay an extra 10, 20, 30, 35 percent. Whether it be growers, wholesalers, or end users.
Clearly not, when business is booming in states (and countries) where it's been legal for a few years and there is established dispensaries and supply. Saying something "can't work" when elsewhere it currently is working great, has a word and it starts with a "g".

Try edibles if the smell bothers you.
This tbh. Edibles are nice, you have one or two squares of chocolate (or a brownie if you make them) and you are set for like 4-5 hours, just sit down to watch a few movies and relax. Nice thing about edibles is they build slowly as it gets absorbed, and it peaks a few hours later, unlike with smoking or vaping where it's immediate and short lived. This is also a downside, it's the sort of thing you are like "I don't have to go anywhere else this evening" because once you get on that train, you can't stop it until it's done.

Try edibles if the smell bothers you.
No way. My stomach does not like getting high. I don't like getting blasted either, and need it to work right away for medical reasons. I don't mind smoking it, but the smell of smoked weed smells terrible. Vaping would work, but they get me too messed up even on just a partial hit. I'm a lightweight, where even one puff on a pipe sends me to outer space. LOL I don't like getting really high -- just enough for pain relief and improved blood circulation.

No way. My stomach does not like getting high. I don't like getting blasted either, and need it to work right away for medical reasons. I don't mind smoking it, but the smell of smoked weed smells terrible. Vaping would work, but they get me too messed up even on just a partial hit. I'm a lightweight, where even one puff on a pipe sends me to outer space. LOL I don't like getting really high -- just enough for pain relief and improved blood circulation.
Try chewing up an edible but dont swallow it.
Move it under your tongue for quicker absorption.
Worth a try.

Clearly not, when business is booming in states (and countries) where it's been legal for a few years and there is established dispensaries and supply. Saying something "can't work" when elsewhere it currently is working great, has a word and it starts with a "g".

Wrong.....

There is a very BIG black market.....

10,20, 30 35 percent is a lot of money to people...

And undocumented Pharmacist.... Know that.... They can do simple math. . .

This is not building the space shuttle....

So.... Take your "the businesses are doing so great idea".... While true...

Understand that there a vast black market... Who are taking in that extra 10-35 percent.... Happily.

You really think the Gulf cartel or the other cartels south of the border won't stay in that market? Of course they will if they can make an extra 10-35 percent.... Those people are far, far intelligent enough to know there's money to be made when a dumb state government wants a very stupid high tax.

And... Who's to say those "innocent" store owners do not have people selling.... On the "outside" the business umbrella in order to take that money and is that extra profit... To pay the stupid government high taxes.

I'm not against this being legal. I don't have a issue really with that aspect.

Just the stupid high tax rates are not an intelligent move in my opinion.

Last edited:
It’s been 2-1/2 years now. I haven’t noticed any Reefer Madness going on. It’s not much of a topic in the local news. The local town of 7,000 has two independent shops. The larger city has a few independent shops and an actual government run shop. More or less it’s been a big nothing burger. Knock wood.
Here is a photo of the prices in Canadian dollars. ( not that I bought anything).
:giggle:

PS: The government excise tax amounted to $35 million CDN dollars in 2020.

8C15CA34-C190-48E1-BE79-2C9BE1ED4F7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back