Canada - Marijuana now legal

When I was a teenager just up to joining the US ARMY I burned the forest down. I don't condone it now, but id it helps those in a medical sense, then yes, I do support its use.

There are cannabis stores popping up *everywhere* around here these days. A surreal sight.

It is not uncommon at all to smell it on walks through the neighbourhood. People on their porches smoking, people walking down the street smoking, in public parks, etc.

I will use Colorado as an example. Road fatalities went up the first year it was legalized. Durango Co was a really cool nice place to take your family. After legalization, potheads and homeless laying on the sidewalks begging for money. Then there is Denver. That nice pedestrian mall with restaurants and bars was a great place to go, even take your family. Now it's full of potheads, drug addicts and panhandlers. The local young people won't go near the place. They think it's too dangerous. There you have 2 ruined cities so the politicians could make money. And they didn't get as much money as they were planning.
So have at it Canada and enjoy those nice clean cities while you have them.

Dealing with pot smokers is easier than dealing with Alkys. I don't do pot or alcohol.

Wow, not getting locked, you guys are very well behaving. I've only done it once in my teenage year and don't like how it feels, so that's it for me.

I don't like it when tenants smoke, it is hard to clean up, but other than that as long as they are not DUI and cause trouble I'm cool with it. Not the most healthy thing in the world but we turn a blind eyes on cup cakes, french fries, soda, and booze anyways, and then go around and censor all sorts of visual stuff on internet, so whatever.

There are 2 ways to make money in drugs: to get people addicted and to make it a "monopoly". If we cannot avoid the first, avoiding the second will certainly discourage the first. No gang does alcohol run these days.

I will use Colorado as an example. Road fatalities went up the first year it was legalized. Durango Co was a really cool nice place to take your family. After legalization, potheads and homeless laying on the sidewalks begging for money. Then there is Denver. That nice pedestrian mall with restaurants and bars was a great place to go, even take your family. Now it's full of potheads, drug addicts and panhandlers. The local young people won't go near the place. They think it's too dangerous. There you have 2 ruined cities so the politicians could make money. And they didn't get as much money as they were planning.
So have at it Canada and enjoy those nice clean cities while you have them.

That’s quite the stretch to associate legal marijuana and drug addicts, homelessness and panhandling. Denver has had homeless and panhandlers long before marijuana was legalized. I don’t know of any heroin users that started on pot and felt the need to switch to heroin. I know of plenty of heroin users that started on legal prescription drugs and have had their lives ruined or ended.

There are cannabis stores popping up *everywhere* around here these days. A surreal sight.

It is not uncommon at all to smell it on walks through the neighbourhood. People on their porches smoking, people walking down the street smoking, in public parks, etc.

Did Canada or each province at least have the foresight to require dispenaries to have somewhat serious sounding business names? After MMJ became legal where I live, it's like all the Cheech and Chong potheads got business permits and picked the cringiest and most immature names they could think of.

Green Doctor
Capital Dank
Kush House
High Society
The Sticky Depot

They also paint their buildings BRIGHT GREEN and have massive exterior signs advertising their prices for grams, prerolls, and ounces.

Not even the Tobacco smokeshops were this bad when it comes to a decent public image.

Did Canada or each province at least have the foresight to require dispenaries to have somewhat serious sounding business names? After MMJ became legal where I live, it's like all the Cheech and Chong potheads got business permits and picked the cringiest and most immature names they could think of.

Green Doctor
Capital Dank
Kush House
High Society
The Sticky Depot

They also paint their buildings BRIGHT GREEN and have massive exterior signs advertising their prices for grams, prerolls, and ounces.

Not even the Tobacco smokeshops were this bad when it comes to a decent public image.

Decent public image? Decent to who? The names only have meaning to those in the know. Don't see how this is much different from Liquor Locker or Wine-O-Land and the neon alcohol signs.

I went to a dispensary once. It was so funny. The clerk was straight out of central casting for an overzealous pothead. Still waiting for the first legal dispensary to open in NJ. Right now you have to purchase your stuff from an independent entrepreneur.

Decent public image? Decent to who? The names only have meaning to those in the know. Don't see how this is much different from Liquor Locker or Wine-O-Land and the neon alcohol signs.

I went to a dispensary once. It was so funny. The clerk was straight out of central casting for an overzealous pothead. Still waiting for the first legal dispensary to open in NJ. Right now you have to purchase your stuff from an independent entrepreneur.
It was a few years ago that buffoon Governor Christy said about legal weed in N.J. "We dont want that life style here"
I couldn't believe he said that about the one of the nastiest states in the country.
I grew up in N.J. and escaped in 1991 and I never looked back.

It was a few years ago that buffoon Governor Christy said about legal weed in N.J. "We dont want that life style here"
I couldn't believe he said that about the one of the nastiest states in the country.
I grew up in N.J. and escaped in 1991 and I never looked back.
I'm still here. Hoping to retire elsewhere.

Based on what I have observed stoned drivers are safer than drunks

Here is a actual sort of scientific test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1HavgoK9E

Those drivers were having a good time. But had to be really really buzzed to start having problems.

Rod
I have to agree 100 percent in my case I was a every day smoker in my younger days. I’ve always had a problem with driving the speed limit, always in a huge hurry and no idea why. But after smoking I’m no longer in that hurry and have zero issues going the speed limit. I’ve not smoked in 15/20 years and do miss it sometimes. I don’t even see how it could affect driving in a negative way unless maybe if it’s a non smoker getting super high and driving way to slow and somehow causing a accident. Lol

Back