Can you imagine buying a 2007 BMW 335i with a 6 speed manual trans with only 3,400 original miles?

Well, not sure if mostly sitting for 13yrs is such a great thing for a vehicle. Although it looks great, indeed

The original owner ate an incredible, bring-tears-to-your-eyes amount of depreciation for a car they never even drove. Wow.

I am always weary of low miles cars. It was Not driven and Not enjoyed and odd things happen when sitting.
Also, the re-sale Value is going to sink like a Lead Rubber Ducky.

"Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbors Automobil"

I wish the new owner good luck; it is a pretty car - not liking the red interior though.

I drove a BMW exactly like that same Color combo and two door, on a test drive. It was a write-up for a college class. The window sticker was $44,398, and yes I would have written a check for the full amount if I'd have had it.

I drove a BMW exactly like that same Color combo and two door, on a test drive. It was a write-up for a college class. The window sticker was $44,398, and yes I would have written a check for the full amount if I'd have had it.
Ohhh a college write up about a car? Must be nice

I do NOT worship at the alter of BWM.
This is from a former owner of a 1998 M Roadster. Silver with Lobster and black interior - and a REAL dash.

M makes ALL the difference - but the engine was still toast at 70K miles.
The VANOS said vamoose ! Great trans and rear end though, unlike the non M versions with dead synchros.

I had two of these. Wouldn't have a BMW again unless it has round tail lights.

1618155928547.jpg

1618155986752.jpg

I'd change the fluids and put on new tires and leave it just the way it is. And then I'd drive it - though a bit sparingly (said the guy who has only 100,000 miles on his 2000 528i).

Or you could treat it as a "new" car that just doesn't happen to have a warranty and mile it out over the next 5 years - but I wouldn't.

I do NOT worship at the alter of BWM.
This is from a former owner of a 1998 M Roadster. Silver with Lobster and black interior - and a REAL dash.

M makes ALL the difference - but the engine was still toast at 70K miles.
The VANOS said vamoose ! Great trans and rear end though, unlike the non M versions with dead synchros.
What? Dead synchros are usually from poor maintenance, skill or people using too thin of gear oil. The trans on my 1998 is about the only thing that hasn’t broken over the years.

Yes. Traditionally as a journalism student you start to develop your beat or what you want area you want to cover. I happened to walk into a local BMW dealership after lunch on a Thursday with nobody in the dealership. I wanted to test drive a specific 335i and they found a sales associate. It's a little more difficult now, but not unheard of. I wish I'd started sooner. Doug Demuro gets paid to do this.
Ohhh a college write up about a car? Must be nice

Back