Can you guys help me out with cold weather gloves?

How about a peacoat instead of a jacket? Originally worn by sailors, peacoats are functional, they keep you warm, and they look good.

The XXL fit me well, and I am now 6' 4" use to be 6' 6.75"

I keep one pair of these in the trunk with the spare ( moving a cold wet flat around and rolling a snow covered spare can really get your hands cold if the gloves are not water-proof, and these are ). One pair in the house so they are warm for use to remove ice and snow from the vehicle windows. And I like them so much I bought an additional pair this year.

When I received my first pair of these I washed and waxed the vehicle when it was only 50 F out, and they kept my hands dry for the entire wash job.

The water-proof of them really holds up well. They really are double dipped so they really are water-proof. But the cuff is not water-proof. Not very thick insulation inside and not really enough insulation for long time use outside on very cold days. But because they are really water-proof, melting snow from cleaning off a vehicle does not get your hands cold from cold wet gloves. Good enough to do the job.

Last edited:
If you’re looking for an inexpensive outdoor work glove, these Dickies are the best I’ve found. Been searching for years for a good work glove, found these at Menards and liked them so much I went back and bought 6 more pairs. Maybe were $10 a pair max(?).

I have other $50-$100 pairs of gloves, but I won’t work on cars/clear brush/ etc. with those.

7F9EF59D-18F3-4640-8F12-523BEF3B1212.jpeg

I recommend you cruise the malls in your nearest large city. Malls will carry the stuff that the locals are actually buying including warm weather clothing in colder locations. Also check out LLBean. They have great warm jackets.

Being in Florida I can't image needing much. Even here in Nebraska I use these heavy cotton gloves in the fall for yard clean up and even scooping a little snow in early winter as long as I'm not outside more than 15-20 minutes. I suggest a hardware type store and try them on first.

Tennessee ∆

I got a temporary pair at Costco as suggested. Will order nicer ones if I can't find any at another store. Thanks for the help

I like the surplus store idea. If you can find them there’s these French brown wool gloves with a leather palm that I love. If you want mitts the Swiss grey wool mitt with leather palm is outstanding. Both extremely cheap.

Attachments

• AE0627B8-F67C-450D-9B00-F0D0D1552560.jpeg
    AE0627B8-F67C-450D-9B00-F0D0D1552560.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 4
  • BF7DAC8F-8472-4181-9A45-0445FC6E2748.jpeg
    BF7DAC8F-8472-4181-9A45-0445FC6E2748.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
Back