Can you bring a lithium jump box on a plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have had no issue flying with those battery boxes on flights. I fly Southwest usually, which has no USB charging ports or anything, so I rely on those to keep the phone charged up.

From a quick read, it looks like carry-on is actually the only option:

I can't see how a lithium jump pack would pose any greater threat than a laptop battery.

Here's some more info:

https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/more_info/?hazmat=7

"Lithium ion (rechargeable) batteries are limited to a rating of 100 watt hours (Wh) per battery. These limits allow for nearly all types of lithium batteries used by the average person in their electronic devices. With airline approval, passengers may also carry up to two spare larger lithium ion batteries (101-160 Wh) or Lithium metal batteries (2-8 grams). This size covers the larger after-market extended-life laptop computer batteries and some larger batteries used in professional audio/visual equipment."

Nothing crazy. Bought a car at an auction 1,000 miles away and saw that it wasn't showing oil on the dipstick. A month later I fly down to pick it up. Thinking ahead and not wanting to drive around an unfamiliar area searching for oil in something already a few quarts low and that would cost $6 or $8 a quart at a gas station, I decided to bring a few bottles in my carry on. This was well before the 3 oz rule on liquids. Never the less, security agent considered it flammable or something, I forget what, and made me leave it there. Guy must have been a bitog member wanting some free oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back