Can Walmark Tech200 info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to walmart today to find out just who made and packaged Tech2000 oil.
A company called Sin oil makes it, thought I can not find any information on this company at all.
And Safty clean does package the oil.
So if anyone can find information on this so called sin oil that would be great.

It's hard to justify saving a few cents on that Tech 2000 stuff when Walmart stores here are filled with Pennzoil for just a tiny bit more money. So if you want a low cost oil from Walmart in Canada, Pennzoil is your best bet. And if you want to spend more $$$, Castrol 0w30. Out of all the oils sold in Walmart Canada, these two are probably the best in their respective categories.

I'm sorry, I just can't see the justification in going with the "house brand" from many places, when their quality is such a big unknown. But yet we see great reports on here all the time from other commonly available big name brand oils.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
It's hard to justify saving a few cents on that Tech 2000 stuff when Walmart stores here are filled with Pennzoil for just a tiny bit more money. So if you want a low cost oil from Walmart in Canada, Pennzoil is your best bet. And if you want to spend more $$$, Castrol 0w30. Out of all the oils sold in Walmart Canada, these two are probably the best in their respective categories.

I'm sorry, I just can't see the justification in going with the "house brand" from many places, when their quality is such a big unknown. But yet we see great reports on here all the time from other commonly available big name brand oils.

Yeah, the $6.77 for 5 quarts of Pennzoil 5W-30 hurts, but I can not bring myself to switch to whatever I can get cheap. There is another thread on the Advance Auto house oil.

Quoting spector: "I go to Advance Auto a lot and happened to ask them whgat brand of oil was their best seller. Reply: Whatever is on sale that week or month!"

I do watch for specials on Pennzoil and stock up ahead of time when I see one, so contribute to spikes in its sales.

Despite assurances here that the additive packages are more compatible, I like to pick something and stick to it. Now if somebody could assure me that the Pennzoil I am buying now is the same as it was before the last 2 times Pennzoil changed ownership.... Meantime, I notice that Prestone is no longer Standard Brands or whoever Union Carbide sold it to, but Allied Signal. Yes, the owners of Fram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is how you build customer loyalty?

Where did the reference to "Sin Oil" come from? Earlier verified posts here indicated that SafetyKleen had the packaging contracts and that the oil was PetroCanada.

I think that many brand names switch formulations as often as house brands. Consumer Reports tagged Shell for varying widely in different geographic areas in their mid-90's reports. Havoline has switched formulations in transferring from Shell to Chevron. Is Conoco different than Phillips and have formulations changed since the merger? Non-GM Delco filters were really repainted Champion Labs, etc. Finding out what's what can take time and name brand vs. house brand bears little consistancy.

The one difference favoring house brands is that Wal-Mart does control the entire process while there has been documentation of bogus counterfit oils put in look a like but hard to decipher bottles or (more common) bulk tanks.

[ July 16, 2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: csandste ]

Well the lady at my local walmark contacted the head office in Toronto and it was verified that Sinoil was the maker for Tech2000.
But I have never heard of this oil company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back