Can U Beleive THIS? MOBIL EP Worst Than Havoline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hpichris
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
The thread spoke about how Johnny saw most of the teams using off the shelf M1 oils in the cars racing in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona. No one in the thread claimed that the Honda engines of the Penske team in Indy used reg. M1 oils.

Mobil does..

Go ask them. They will even tell you the weight.

Next year, find out what they use in Helio's car and I'll bring the oil (or have Pat in Speedway help us out) watch them fill it up just before the race and lets see how that works for them.

Bill

I would love to see that happen. :)

So would I!

How about Mobil one does a contest that will have 3 people win a trip to Indy, have them go to their local store and bring the oil, be part of the crew and after warm up in morning of the race, do a oil change with the Mobil 1 they brought for all of the 3 Penske cars for the race.

I'll enter that contest!

Bill

Originally Posted By: joflewbyu2
see page 3 of this:
http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...1_Brochure.pdf

Quote;

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on ExxonMobil, Mobil, Esso and Exxon try visiting us at ExxonMobil.com, Mobil.com, Esso.com or Exxon.com.

lol...your link doesn't work again.

+1

Have Mobil (or the car MFG) post the RESULTS of ALL the oils they used and HOW they performed.

How Mobil 1 was "better" over the others...

Also while they are at it, post what ACTUAL cost the oil provided to the MFG runs and what the car MFG charges for their recommendation.

That would be interesting reading...

Works for me.

Funny how a thread is started about a company that uses a particular test to demonstrate wear performance, and once again it turns into a Mobil 1 bashing thread. Interesting. lol

I could care less about 4-ball tests for engine oils. It is a meaningless test for this situation. Amsoil seems to make good products, but I am severely allergic to their marketing practices.

Originally Posted By: buster
Works for me.

Funny how a thread is started about a company that uses a particular test to demonstrate wear performance, and once again it turns into a Mobil 1 bashing thread. Interesting. lol

Lol. Reading the title, it looks like it started as a M1 bashing thread.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: peterdes

Mobil and Pennzoil rarely have outrageous advertisements.....

The whole Pennzane thing I did not get.

and neither does "adaptive molecules" for me.

I believe the few of us who said we don't like amsoil is that we don't like their "white paper" tests and the way they do business with customers with that pyramid scheme.

Get a clue.
wink.gif

Someone here needs to "get a clue" for sure.

Amsoil's white paper tests are done by an independent lab. Sorry if this bothers you more than TV commercials. Also, Amsoil is not sold via a "pyramid scheme".

Independent labs sponsored by amsoil.. hmm.. RP has many "tests" as well by Independent Labs.

The pyramid scheme was sarcasm. It is not a pyramid scheme, that is obvious. But how every joe can become a "dealer" is ridiculous. They want to make the customer feel as if they are in the Amsoil Cub. Not everyone is lonely and desperate! haha

I just don't like the way Amsoil handles their business/marketing. Is there anything wrong with that? I'm not saying their oil is junk or anything like that. They make great lubricants.
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Someone here needs to "get a clue" for sure.

Amsoil's white paper tests are done by an independent lab. Sorry if this bothers you more than TV commercials. Also, Amsoil is not sold via a "pyramid scheme".

Well, One does require to read something instead of just being fed it....
smirk2.gif

AND once someone posts that Amsoil is a Pyramid scheme I loose anything else they type as if you don't know that they are not, it shows me that you prob are biased or don't know the facts.

Most of the members here have not tried much of anything. They are fed the marketing and that is what they run. Why try anything else when what they are running is the "best"?

And once someone? Just come out and say my name. No need to hide in the dark. My name is Peter.

I am not biased of any oil and I certainly know many of the facts. Thank you very much. I have spent countless hours reading on this website and eat with my own fork.

By the way, it is Lose not loose.

I'm glad you crack your self up, because you're the only one laughing.
wink.gif

Sorry that this website is very Pro-Amsoil. I am neutral and like to state my opinion.

You high posters really make the new guys feel welcome. I like to remind everyone we are on an internet forum and if you're not a moderator all posters are equal. :)

Works for me.

More like praise Amsoil the All Mighty thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: wgtoys
I could care less about 4-ball tests for engine oils. It is a meaningless test for this situation. Amsoil seems to make good products, but I am severely allergic to their marketing practices.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Works for me.

More like praise Amsoil the All Mighty thread.
haha +1

Just come out and say my name. No need to hide in the dark. My name is Peter.

By the way, it is Lose not loose.

Sorry that this website is very Pro-Amsoil. I am neutral and like to state my opinion.

Hi Peter. Plenty of folks to wear the shoes if they fit! Not singling out anyone.

You are correct. Lose is the word.
spankme2.gif
(On vacation with a laptop....)

And if you think this site is Pro-Amsoil (lets say on a scale of 1-10 with ten being the highest and Amsoil being lets say a 9) what would be Mobil 1's ranking?

Also, IF you are going to call out Amsoil for marketing and with you being "unbiased" then you'd have to call out ALL the OTHER oil companies since they are just as dumb. And some more than others.

Bill

PS: Also plenty of people laughing trust me!
cheers3.gif

Just because Amsoil shows more wear doesnt mean in real world time Mobil EP creates more wear than Havoline. A uoa is the greatest tool in my book.

They want to make the customer feel as if they are in the Amsoil Cub.

I think you mean CLUB. But no that is not true. It may be your perception, but it's simply not true.

That's not true. It just isn't. Look how many of you freely slap Amsoil down at every given opportunity. People even make stuff up to insult Amsoil on this site. Please. It's only "Pro-Amsoil" in your mind because some people are allowed to freely discuss Amsoil.

I am not biased of any oil and I certainly know many of the facts.

We all have our bias. Yours is clear to others, maybe just not yourself.

Quote:
PS: and just for the record here, their (Mobil's) Las Vegas "real" world fleet test was the biggest joke that I've EVER seen out of a oil company in my book...

I don't understand your logic. They spent a lot of money testing Mobil 1 in Vegas thru a Cab company using several engine types in stop and go driving running all the cars over 100k miles and tear down the engines to see the results. Would you rather have them hang the engines up and shoot them with flame throwers like Castrol did?

Bill, it's called "field testing". Scientific, statistically accurate field testing. No some bobo bench test.

Quote:
PS: and just for the record here, their (Mobil's) Las Vegas "real" world fleet test was the biggest joke that I've EVER seen out of a oil company in my book...

I don't understand your logic. They spent a lot of money testing Mobil 1 in Vegas thru a Cab company using several engine types in stop and go driving running all the cars over 100k miles and tear down the engines to see the results. Would you rather have them hang the engines up and shoot them with flame throwers like Castrol did?

100k? Man if that was a big deal then you and I are screwed. If I'm running the "BEST" syn then 400k better be a more impressive number.

Then since they decided the "fair" number to run conventional oil is 15,000 miles (and we ALL agree that 5k is a GOOD safe number for conventional) which is 3 times longer so Mobil 1 EP should be run 45,000 miles to be "fair".

Also I must have missed the close up of all the bad parts out of the conventional motor.

Take care, Bill

Bill, it's called "field testing". Scientific, statistically accurate field testing. No some bobo bench test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back