Can Toyota TIV oil used sustitute WS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this product ZIC ATF (http://www.skzic.com/eng/product/content18.asp)
Meets GM Dexron III H,Ford Mercon, Chrysler ATF +3/+4 specifications.
Meets Allison C4, ZF TE-ML 14A, Mercedes-Benz 236.1~236.9 specifications, and other European Vehicles where Dexron III is required.
Meets Toyota T-III, T-IV, Honda ATF-Z1, Nissan Matic-J, Matic-K, and Subaru ATF specification.

Seems it is Group III oil (
Distillates, hydrotreated 64742-54-7 81.8~91.4
heavy paraffinic
Highly refined mineral oil
2-Methyl-2-propenoic Not Determined 6.0~12.0
acid, Alkyl ester polymer
Polymethacrylate
Additive mixture Not Applicable Not Determined 2.6~7.2)

Can I use it on HONDA that use DW1 or Toyota that use TOYOTA WS regardless of fuel consumption?

May God bless you all!

Caiwu

Stick with OEM fluids given that this "meets" OEM specs (meets could mean anything)
crazy.gif

Looks like the multi-vehicle type ATF. Coming from SK it may be ok (big oil company in Korea), but it is thicker than DW1 and WS for sure. If you are not concerned of shift feel or fuel economy it may be ok.

How much is OEM fluid? If not by much I'd just buy OEM.

You should not substitute this ATF for Honda DW1 or Toyota WS. Both Honda DW1 and Toyota WS are low viscosity ATFs. Your ZIC ATF appears to be an older style high viscosity type.

Toyota warns if T-IV is used instead of WS, while the frictional coefficient of the fluid is the same the transmission will be slow to engage into gear if it's cold outside. On the inverse, WS in a T-IV transmission results in shift shock or leakage per Toyota but with so many people using MaxLife or other low-viscosity ATFs in T-IV applications, it might be a busted myth.

http://ravenol.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Toyota-technical-bulletin-TC006-03.pdf

Thank you very much.

I search out the following:

In their bulletin T-SB-0006-11, “World Standard Automatic Transmission Fluid,” Toyota writes:
The use of Genuine Toyota ATF-WS is recommended.
The use of additives or aftermarket fluids that are considered compatible or substitutes may result in shift concerns and damage to the internal transmission components.
ATF-WS is NOT compatible with T-IV or Dexron ATF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back