Can Sprayway be used on tinted windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike Invisible Glass with a passion. The best I've found is the blue and white can of Sprayway. My question is can it be used on tinted windows since it says "Ammonia Free"?

I keep getting streaks no matter how much/little I use of it. Sprayway responded to my email and said for factory tinted windows (whatever those are) it's fine. Aftermarket not so fine.
31.gif
21.gif

I've used Sprayway on the interior of my aftermarket tinted windows since 1996. Not one single time has the tint changed color, gotten weird, peeled, nothing. I still use it to this day and not one single negative ever.

I just had the majority of the windows in my house tinted. The guys doing the installation used water and 6-8 drops of joy or baby shampoo to clean the windows prior to the installation. They use that on everything and recommended that I use it to clean the tint also.

I showed him the only things I use (Stoner's IG and Sprayway) and he said they work well, but not cost effective for as much as they use. They also use the large grey heavy duty spray bottles from Home Depot that are guaranteed for 5 years. He said its the best they have tried out of the many spray bottles.

Once my supply of Sprayway and Stoner's is out, I'll probably be going the cheap method.

I've seen lots of recommendations for "just water and a few drops of soap" from a lot of places - including for cleaning my TV (with anti-glare coating).

Even when I follow directions exactly, there's always some kind of streaking, residue or uneven cleaning. Unless you also rinse or you use a rubber blade to clear the glass the soap will be left behind in some quantity.

I totally understand commercial window guys not buying retail chemical cleaners due to volume, but I'm not so sure that people frequenting detailing forums will be all that happy with the results. But hey, it's cheap to try, right?

I'd be more inclined to go cheap/green with vinegar or ammonia and water first. Although those formulas will have a little more cleaning power they lack any kind of lubrication so may also be annoying to work with in an automotive interior filled with awkward angles and long reaches for windshield and rear glass. Towels may tend to "stick" when trying to use it.

Honestly, for automotive use, I don't think I've even used one full $1.99 (or so) can of Bon Ami in over 5 years so cost wouldn't be a factor for me to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back