Can someone please tell me why EVERYBODY USES ARX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? I am new to BITOG and I am amazed on how many people use this . What is in it that would make it cost $26.77 per bottle. I have always used new clean oil to "flush". You dont have to search the site for it it is EVERYWHERE. Why? I know I will get responses like "It works" but How? Who makes it ? You would think nobody would want anything to dislodge and go through the bearings. I can live with a little lifter tap for a few until clean oil cleans it.Has any Body ever done a crank or cam bearing before and after? Thanks in advance

Please open this link
/www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1083082#Post1083082>

If your need more information go to http://www.auto-rx.com read the FAQ and Auto-Rx Forum. There has been more tests by professionals using Auto-Rx than all other products combined.Read the patent
Frank Miller
Inventor

welcome2.gif
to BITOG!

Now read this thread hightechlube.
55.gif

Here is a working version of that link Frank posted.

Go ahead and check it out.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1083082#Post1083082

I am certainly a big supporter of using ARX.

My case study is well doccumented; searh it here in this section under Ford 3.0 Vulcan for the title and dnewton3 as the user name. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1083082

I had no idea that my engine even had a problem, overall. The compression was WAY down from spec in two of the six cylinders. ARX brought up the compression SUBSTANTIALLY. I'm still in the rinse phase, and my supposition is that by the time my rinse phase is completed, all will be like brand new.

I feel strongly enough about this product to say that it will be the only additive I use, ever. Frank's ARX flat works.

Last edited:
Nothing else seems to be able to clean out the ring pack! Remember you don't need a bottle at every oil change like "oil additives." This is a cleaner.

As best I understand this product, it's a little different than the typical solvent based cleaners.

Here's the distinction broken down. ARX, during the application phase, helps break down the undesirable deposits from combustion byproducts such as sludge, coking, and layers of muck that harden seals on rotating parts. ARX does NOT remove these items; it changes their phsyical state and softens them up. Then, during the rinse phase, the regular oil cleans the deposits away with it's detergent package. OTOH, a solvent-based cleaner violently attacks everything in it's reach, including the host oil. The ARX takes a gentle approach, applied over time.

For those who can't seem to resist the alure of "get it done right now", ARX is going leave you wanting more. Nothing can be overstated here; ARX needs time to work it's magic, but when allowed to do it's thing, it is nothing short of a miracle regarding it's design intent. It's resultant effects help restore compression, clean seals to make them pliable again, and increase fuel economy that was previously robbed. You won't see this overnight, but patience with ARX will prove itself out if you allow it. The rinse phase is integral to the whole process; you can't get full benefits from ARX until a proper rinse phase is applied.

Using ARX in a maintenance dose is just as beneficial. Some would question why a maintenance dose is needed, but it should be obvious to those who think it through. The "host" oil will always leave some types of residue, and as they go unchecked, a slow build up begins. If you were to use 3oz of ARX every 5k miles for OCI, a bottle would last 20k miles. During this time, your engine would be operting at peak performance. The alternative would be to wait and do a full 12oz application at 20k miles, but you'd suffer the progressive losses up to that 20k mile mark. So the cash cost of ARX would be the same over that 20k miles, but the cost of lesser fuel economy, poorer power performance, higher emmissions, etc would be nearly zero with a maintenance plan, versus unquestionable losses for a "once in a while" application.

Frank has put significant time and energy into researching, developing, and marketing this product. The ARX webpage is full of good information, including application, rinse and maintenance instructions.

I believe in this product; it is in use in both the engines and transmissions of my Taurus and Villager right now.

Last edited:
I love people that are in a hurry for ARX to work. You took your sweet time letting the engine get this bad, why are you in such a hurry now to try and clean it up?

Originally Posted By: hightechlube
Why? I am new to BITOG and I am amazed on how many people use this . What is in it that would make it cost $26.77 per bottle. I have always used new clean oil to "flush". You dont have to search the site for it it is EVERYWHERE. Why? I know I will get responses like "It works" but How? Who makes it ? You would think nobody would want anything to dislodge and go through the bearings. I can live with a little lifter tap for a few until clean oil cleans it.Has any Body ever done a crank or cam bearing before and after? Thanks in advance
Just stared using it both truck and car and so far i like what my body feels. Surprisingly at least in my truck it just feels alittle more happier...not that there was anything wrong but i guess it goes to show no matter how high of a dollar oil you use it still needs a cleaning every now and then. Ive used Amsoil for most of my trucks life and during that time i thought i would never need autorx...we guess what i was wrong.

I think that the sad thing is that ARX use is really only widespread at BITOG, and not everywhere.

ARX is a used car/truck buyer's best friend!

I don't buy new vehicles, so I've gone through a case of ARX in three years, on all our vehicles, our tractor, golf cart, gifts to friends, etc.

Great stuff!

To avoid a long drawn out reply.

Everyone uses auto-rx because it has been proven time and time again to work as advertised.

I feel AutoRx is a great product and have used it for 2X clean & rinse in my Toyota and a clean in my Suburban. It does what it says it should do, clean sludge and crud in the ring pack.

But don't assume that AutoRx will make a beat to [censored] engine perform like new. It will not help with burnt valves or rings that are truly worn. Nor bearings that are loose.

But to clean up an amused engine, there is nothing better.

Originally Posted By: Big O Dave
I think that the sad thing is that ARX use is really only widespread at BITOG, and not everywhere.

Search google for "darkdan auto-rx"

146 hits. Hey, I'm spreading the word!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back