Can some Asymmetric tires be Cross Rotated?

Starting to look online at new tires for the MB and prefer tires that can be cross rotated as I believe they wear more evenly. Can some asymmetric be crossed when rotated? Any way to tell by looking at them on Tire Rack or Tire Discount web sites? Take this Aysmmetric for example: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...YR8QTPXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

There are very few symmetric tires to choose from.

Asymmetrical tires are made for a reason. In my expierience, a MB car, for whatever reason seems to wear the outside edges of a tire rather quickly. Therefore, tire makers have come up with a design that helps eleviate that issue by putting a closer tread design on the outer edge. That design decreases edge wear and reduces feathering of the outside edge.
They even put a special designation on the tire IF it was made for Mercedes, such as MO, for MbOriginal equipment.
That said, sometimes a tire will have the marking "OUTSIDE" on the sidewall. Those can be cross rotated, just not incorrectly mounted.

Just watch for that ARROW!

Thanks folks. Sorta zeroing in on Bridgestone Turanza Quietrack and Pirelli Cint. P7 Plus two.

Yes that can. My Pirelli Cinturato P7 All season PLUS are asymmetrical and I rotate them as normal. You may be thinking of directional pattern tires.

Back