Can LT245/75 16's be put on

Status
Not open for further replies.
16x8 rims?

And, will they look like they're being stretched?

I don't want the "stretched" look - but I'm trying to rid of my old OEM steel wheels as they are a PAIN to rotate due to the hub cap/lug nut situation on these Isuzu's.

OEM wheels are 16x6, and I can't locate 16x7 or 16x7.5's for fair pricing that is.

For an LT245/75R16, an 8" wheel is the maximum allowable. So will it look stretched out? It depends on your definition of "stretched out".

And be very careful. Don't confuse the LT and P type tires. They are quite different.

LT tires take higher inflation pressures to carry the same load as P types, but generally have more ultimate capacity. I think Tan Sedan may have fallen into that trap.

Also, be sure about the Load Range for LT tires. Use the same or higher.

Hope this helps.

quote:

Originally posted by CapriRacer:
For an LT245/75R16, an 8" wheel is the maximum allowable. And be very careful. Don't confuse the LT and P type tires.

The approved rims for that (LT) size is 6.5-7.5". An 8" wheel is approved for a P245/75R16

Oli,

You are correct! An LT245/75R16 has a maximum rim width of 7.5". (That's what I get for looking this up in Tire Guides and not going back to the source - Tire and Rim!)

Thanks

Hmmm, great
frown.gif
, ok, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back