Can LT245/75 16's be put on

16x8 rims? And, will they look like they're being stretched? I don't want the "stretched" look - but I'm trying to rid of my old OEM steel wheels as they are a PAIN to rotate due to the hub cap/lug nut situation on these Isuzu's. OEM wheels are 16x6, and I can't locate 16x7 or 16x7.5's for fair pricing that is.

For an LT245/75R16, an 8" wheel is the maximum allowable. So will it look stretched out? It depends on your definition of "stretched out". And be very careful. Don't confuse the LT and P type tires. They are quite different. LT tires take higher inflation pressures to carry the same load as P types, but generally have more ultimate capacity. I think Tan Sedan may have fallen into that trap. Also, be sure about the Load Range for LT tires. Use the same or higher. Hope this helps.

oli

quote:
Originally posted by CapriRacer: For an LT245/75R16, an 8" wheel is the maximum allowable. And be very careful. Don't confuse the LT and P type tires.
The approved rims for that (LT) size is 6.5-7.5". An 8" wheel is approved for a P245/75R16

Oli, You are correct! An LT245/75R16 has a maximum rim width of 7.5". (That's what I get for looking this up in Tire Guides and not going back to the source - Tire and Rim!) Thanks