Can I use this in a 2007 Mercury 4 stroke outboard?

It’s a diesel oil Delo 10w 30 blend. Will it hurt as this being a diesel oil? I am sure the weight is just fine for my application and use.

Attachments

• 250425AF-CCF7-4837-A304-D540F0B8B8A1.jpeg
    250425AF-CCF7-4837-A304-D540F0B8B8A1.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 25
Thanks everyone. I will use it since I bought it on sale and need to clean out my extra oil stash. I change it once per year and don't have many hours at all on the big motor. My 9.8 kicker motor gets run much more because I troll all the time and the big motor mainly gets me from point A to point B.

I would use 25w-40. I think that is what is recommended for your engine in all temps.
I would also be ok with 15w-40.
10w-30 is for colder weather and I acknowledge that your area my have alot more colder weather than I see.
I personally do not want 10w-30 when I go wide open for 30 minutes at a time under full load.
I have 1100 hours using 25w-40 and 15w-40.

Thank you Sweezy722 I changed the 115 hp oil yesterday with the 15w-40 since I already had it on hand off the Walmart clearance rack.

It’s a diesel oil Delo 10w 30 blend. Will it hurt as this being a diesel oil? I am sure the weight is just fine for my application and use.
I know you already changed it with a 15/40 and I dont know what your owners manual calls for.
You mention the Delo is a 10w30 diesel oil but its not just a diesel oil because the photo you posted shows it as an SN oil too, which is gas.

I know you already changed it with a 15/40 and I dont know what your owners manual calls for.
You mention the Delo is a 10w30 diesel oil but its not just a diesel oil because the photo you posted shows it as an SN oil too, which is gas.
Yes I checked the internet and researched the oil and you can use it in a gasoline engine. I had bought the oil for something like $10 a jug and bought 2 of them thinking I would use it in my riding lawn mower. It would take years to use it all up therefore in order to have more shelf space in the garage I thought I would use it up. I feel confident it will be fine. I generally run the boat up river about 10 mile then use the kicker for walleyes. I doubt I put 40 hours a year on it because I have a buddy with a boat and truck and we take turns driving. Thanks for the input!

Yes, just so you know, anytime you see the API with an "S" rating that is the gasoline, "C" rating is the diesel. SO when you see both, they meet both diesel and gasoline API certifications. If this helps any...
Is Walleye a real cold water fish, always seemed that way to me but have no idea

Back