Can I use quick detailer to clean off dried up rain water?

I detailed my car late march. I clayed it then applied two coats of mothers CMX. After the CMX curred for 3-4 days, I applied a layer of turtle wax ice spray wax.

Yesterday, it rained twice. The first time it rained, the water wouldn't stay on the paint since the paint was sleek because of the waxes and the sun wasn't out.

After a few hours, the sun came out. Then it started to rain again anddddd the sun came back out :) 🤣

I am not sure if I should wash the car again (I gave it a quick wash Sunday morning) or should I just use a quick detailer and wipe the dried-up rainwater? I did feel the paint with my finger and it's dirty. So, using the quick detailer could end up scratching the paint.

But the car is 12 years old and there are swirl marks.

Got myself up and gave it a good two bucket wash.

I should wash my car at 6 am more often. It's so quiet, peaceful, and you can get a good view of the sunrise (Kinda). Plus, the cool early morning breeze is just something else.

178393616_281763433665874_8526600298407731161_n.jpg
180023884_1214185982372094_7291061201938437630_n.jpg

Got myself up and gave it a good two bucket wash.

I should wash my car at 6 am more often. It's so quiet, peaceful, and you can get a good view of the sunrise (Kinda). Plus, the cool early morning breeze is just something else.

View attachment 55743View attachment 55744

Looks like you answered your own question. You made the right choice. The use of a quick detailer in this instance would result in scratching the clear coat. A full wash/dry is the way to go here.

I also enjoy washing the cars at dawn. It's cool out, no direct sunlight to instantly dry the soap as you wash, and you get to enjoy the beauty of the sunrise.

Since it has to be dirt you're seeing with the rainwater, then as others have noted you'd have to be careful you aren't scratching the surface. Rainwater has no minerals to leave deposits in and of itself.

Since it has to be dirt you're seeing with the rainwater, then as others have noted you'd have to be careful you aren't scratching the surface. Rainwater has no minerals to leave deposits in and of itself.
Yup, it was dirt. The paint is nice and smooth now :)

There was no need to get the hose out.

I keep a 3.5 gallon bucket full of distilled water and ONR with about 10 clean microfibers. Take a MF out, clean a panel or two, put it in your used bin. Dry the section you just washed with a separate towel, maybe adding a QD or spray wax/sealant for protection.

Should take 15-20 minutes and it's perfect for light dirt and pollen.

If you never put a dirty MF in your wash solution it'll never get dirty. I'll keep the same wash solution for a month or two in the bucket with the lid on.

Wring a MF out until it is just damp and use it on the interior, following with a dry MF.

I keep a 3.5 gallon bucket full of distilled water and ONR with about 10 clean microfibers. Take a MF out, clean a panel or two, put it in your used bin. Dry the section you just washed with a separate towel, maybe adding a QD or spray wax/sealant for protection.

If you never put a dirty MF in your wash solution it'll never get dirty. I'll keep the same wash solution for a month or two in the bucket with the lid on.

Wring a MF out until it is just damp and use it on the interior, following with a dry MF.
Oh well. Took me like 30 min to wash it.

Got some fresh air in anyways 🤣

I’m intrigued by this Optimum No Rinse since reading about it in a few of your posts.

I like your idea of keeping a bucket of ONR solution around, especially this time of year. I wash a vehicle and then, by the next day, it‘s covered in pollen or a bird has bombed it.

I need to order some of that.

I’m intrigued by this Optimum No Rinse since reading about it in a few of your posts.

I like your idea of keeping a bucket of ONR solution around, especially this time of year. I wash a vehicle and then, by the next day, it‘s covered in pollen or a bird has bombed it.

I need to order some of that.
I've started using it for everything. I also use ONR as a universal term, like "Kleenex."

I most often use ONR, but I also have Wolfgang Über SiO2, CG Rinse Free Wash and Shine, Nanoskin Rinse Free, and Aero Cosmetics WashWaxAll.

Eventually I'll maybe use it all. 🤣

I've started using it for everything. I also use ONR as a universal term, like "Kleenex."

I most often use ONR, but I also have Wolfgang Über SiO2, CG Rinse Free Wash and Shine, Nanoskin Rinse Free, and Aero Cosmetics WashWaxAll.

Eventually I'll maybe use it all. 🤣
I’m gonna have to look all these up!

I’m gonna have to look all these up!
If I had to choose just one, it would be Wolfgang Über SiO2.

If I had to choose just one, it would be Wolfgang Über SiO2.

Do you also wipe the interior down with this one?

@rooflessVW
how would you rate the Aero Cosmetics WashWaxAll
vs the others..

That is what I am currently using.

I usually power wash car to get all the loose stuff off. then use it according to directions. but always looking for something better.

This is for a jeep. there will be no paint correction or excessive labor involved in cleaning it :p

Back