can I use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Gokhan
Originally Posted by avi1777
what would be better for a 2.5 n/a skyactiv mazda?
https://www.motul.com/es/en/products/8100-x-clean-efe-5w30
or-
https://www.motul.com/es/en/products/8100-eco-lite-5w30
tnx a lot.

Despite one being GM dexos1 and the other GM dexos2, they are very similar in terms of HTHS, SA, base-oil viscosity, and VII content. X-clean is slightly higher in HTHS and base-oil viscosity, slightly higher in VII content, and slightly lower in SA.

X-clean EFE is a little more premium oil than the Eco-Lite. X-clean EFE may have some POE (ester) in the base oil to improve the base-oil quality and base-oil viscosity index, evident from lower pour point and higher density, which would help with engine cleaning and intake-valve deposits (IVD). In fact, I just checked the VOA oxidation numbers and the X-clean seems to have POE, and Eco-Lite definitely has no POE. For some reason X-clean wasn't certified for VW 504.00 though, which is a very strict spec.

In your GDI engine, between the two I would choose the X-clean EFE if they are priced similarly. However, both would work. A VW 504.00 and C2/C3 oil probably would be an upgrade over either, especially if it has POE like the X-clean. In fact I just checked it, and Motul Specific VW 504.00 & VW 507.00 has a dash of POE. It's hard to compare it to the POE in X-clean, as X-clean wasn't tested by the usual lab on the Oil-Club Russia site.

Wow, great info. I should have checked this thread first before posting in the other one. so motul x-clean efe is fine for TGDI AND the lspi issue? Because from what i read, the dexos 2, or at least that particular oil, doesn't prioritize the lspi issue. That would be suited more for the dexos 1 g2 oils.

I been a fan of mobil 1 EP but i have left over motul xclean efe. I know either oil would be fine but im ocd so i would like to know which one is actually "better", if there even such a thing as a better oil. For a wrx for example. TDGI engine.

avi1777's Skyactive-G 2.5 is naturally aspirated; therefore, LSPI is not an issue in his case. I doubt the Motul X-clean EFE 5W-30 is blended or tested for LSPI protection. However, LSPI mostly happens in engines with extremely high BMEP, such as the newer small TGDI engines, but they are also making larger extremely high-BMEP engines now.

Since they recommend 5W-30 in your case, I would go with a top-quality GM dexos1 Gen 2/Gen 3 5W-30. Either the Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 or the Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage 5W-30 with its higher PAO content (about a third of the base oil), Group V alkylated naphthalene (AN) content typical of American Mobil 1 oils, and extra antioxidant for extended oil-change intervals is an excellent choice for reducing the intake-valve deposits (IVD) and turbocharger deposits.

tnx gokhan,
we have all grades here,the manual says 20to50w,all the dealerships are using the 30w here.
the engine does run smoother with the d1g2motul then what i used before which was magnatec a5(non d1).
the car is at 27k miles now would you recommend an engine flush at this point before changing the oil?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jimmyturner
what would be better for a 2.5 n/a skyactiv mazda?
https://www.motul.com/es/en/products/8100-x-clean-efe-5w30
or-
https://www.motul.com/es/en/products/8100-eco-lite-5w30
tnx a lot.

Despite one being GM dexos1 and the other GM dexos2, they are very similar in terms of HTHS, SA, base-oil viscosity, and VII content. X-clean is slightly higher in HTHS and base-oil viscosity, slightly higher in VII content, and slightly lower in SA.

X-clean EFE is a little more premium oil than the Eco-Lite. X-clean EFE may have some POE (ester) in the base oil to improve the base-oil quality and base-oil viscosity index, evident from lower pour point and higher density, which would help with engine cleaning and intake-valve deposits (IVD). In fact, I just checked the VOA oxidation numbers and the X-clean seems to have POE, and Eco-Lite definitely has no POE. For some reason X-clean wasn't certified for VW 504.00 though, which is a very strict spec.

In your GDI engine, between the two I would choose the X-clean EFE if they are priced similarly. However, both would work. A VW 504.00 and C2/C3 oil probably would be an upgrade over either, especially if it has POE like the X-clean. In fact I just checked it, and Motul Specific VW 504.00 & VW 507.00 has a dash of POE. It's hard to compare it to the POE in X-clean, as X-clean wasn't tested by the usual lab on the Oil-Club Russia site.

Wow, great info. I should have checked this thread first before posting in the other one. so motul x-clean efe is fine for TGDI AND the lspi issue? Because from what i read, the dexos 2, or at least that particular oil, doesn't prioritize the lspi issue. That would be suited more for the dexos 1 g2 oils.

I been a fan of mobil 1 EP but i have left over motul xclean efe. I know either oil would be fine but im ocd so i would like to know which one is actually "better", if there even such a thing as a better oil. For a wrx for example. TDGI engine.

gokhan is the man for sure.

Last edited:
tnx gokhan,
we have all grades here,the manual says 20to50w,all the dealerships are using the 30w here.
the engine does run smoother with the d1g2motul then what i used before which was magnatec a5(non d1).
the car is at 27k miles now would you recommend an engine flush at this point before changing the oil?

Sure, if there is a good Euro-OEM 0W-20 or a good dexos1 Gen 2/Gen 3 0W-20, that would be your best bet for a smooth-running engine.

No, I wouldn't recommend an engine flush. It could harm your seals or cause other problems.

tnx gokhan,

Sure, if there is a good Euro-OEM 0W-20 or a good dexos1 Gen 2/Gen 3 0W-20, that would be your best bet for a smooth-running engine.

No, I wouldn't recommend an engine flush. It could harm your seals or cause other problems.

tnk u gokhan much appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back