Can i top of my synthetic blend oil with synthetic blend high mileage oil?

My car has pennzoil synthetic blend oil 5w20 in it now but i noticed its burning oil and i need to add some so i was thinking to top it off with pennzoil high mileage synthetic blend 5w20 oil since it has some conditioners and sealers that might help. Will this be ok to do? 2002 ford mustang gt 112k miles.

Last edited:
My car has pennzoil synthetic blend oil 5w20 in it now but i noticed its burning oil and i need to add some so i was thinking to top it off with pennzoil high mileage synthetic blend 5w20 oil since it has some conditioners and sealers that might help. Will this be ok to do?
my reaction to topping off oil between regular changes is: what if i don’t? my baseline is any oil is better than none. so, a top-off quart of the high-mileage version of the same oil in use certainly cannot hurt matters.

as to whether any high mileage oil, either at 100% or 10% dilution, will fix an oil-burning issue likely goes beyond what happens to be in the sump.

perhaps knowing the year, make, model, driving & maintenance history of the oil-burning car in question will lead to better advice?

I would top off if my oil got a quart low. But it never does so I never top off.

If I were to top off I'd use an oil similar to what is in there. Simply because I have some on hand.

If I didn't have any oil similar to what's in there, I'd use whatever modern motor oil I had lying around. The engine will never know the difference.

Back