Can I put newer mustang wheels on my 1998 base mustang

So my 98 Stang has 205 65 15 tires on the stock wheels. These are factory size. I have a chance to buy a nice set of wheels from a 2013 Stang which are 17 inch. Will they fit, and if so, what size tires will keep my gear ratio and speedometer the same.

I'd be wearing of changing the wheel circumference. I'd be afraid it would make it drive goofy. Unless like you said get tires that will make it "think" it still has the 15's.

How will the newer style wheels match the older body styling? One of my friends put 350Z wheels on his 300ZX and I didn't think the styling matched at all.

centre bore and pcd the same? ET in the same ball park? clearance for the wider wheels ok?
What is pcd and ET? The wheels are the same width, as they are both 8 inches wide. Center bore is just slightly larger on the newer wheels.

pitch circle diameter, the stud spacing if you will. and ET is the offset of the wheel centre. You want to keep it as close to OEM as possible though on a RWD you can get away with a lot more.

I'd be wearing of changing the wheel circumference. I'd be afraid it would make it drive goofy. Unless like you said get tires that will make it "think" it still has the 15's.

How will the newer style wheels match the older body styling? One of my friends put 350Z wheels on his 300ZX and I didn't think the styling matched at all.
Personally I think the wheels I am looking at will look great on the car.

pitch circle diameter, the stud spacing if you will. and ET is the offset of the wheel centre. You want to keep it as close to OEM as possible though on a RWD you can get away with a lot more.
Stud spacing should be the same according to a chart I found, it is the offset that I am not sure of. Also want the diameter of the tire and width of the tire to be as close as possible to the same

I'm a big fan of getting newer OEM wheels at a bargain, and using them to "wake up" an older model.

I paid $450 for these wheels and tires, from a 2015 Silverado LTZ. Stock for this truck was 16"... these are 18".

IMG_20181126_155748995_HDR.jpg

I'm a big fan of getting newer OEM wheels at a bargain, and using them to "wake up" an older model.

I paid $450 for these wheels and tires, from a 2015 Silverado LTZ. Stock for this truck was 16"... these are 18".

View attachment 37382
Same here. In 07 I bought my rims with factory tires from a local in Tampa, FL. for $300. They're off of an 06 XLT.
I had to buy a (4) pack of worm gear clamps to mount my TPMS sensors to the center of the new rims.
F150.jpg

Back